Home (Part 3)

Annie's POV

Sam, Dean and I sit uncomfortably on a small leather couch in Missouri's home. A large balding man walks out of her office, Missouri trailing behind.

"Dont you worry! Your wife is crazy about you!" Missouri says to the man as she leads him out the door. She shuts the door behind him and rests against the door.

"Poor bastard. His woman is cold baning the gardener," she sighs.

"Why didn't you tell him?" I ask.

"People don't come here for the truth, they come here for good news," she replies with an air of finality. "Well? Sam. Dean. Annie, c'mon I don't got all day."

I share a confused glance with Sam and Dean but we follow in her lead. We step into her office and face her uncertainly.

"Lemme look at ya. Oh, you boys grew up handsome. And you, are one beautiful young woman. Look just like your momma," she smiles at us. She glances towards Sam and her smile falters. "Oh, honey. I am so sorry about your girlfriend Jessica. And you father- he's missing. Ain't he?"

"How'd you know all that?" Sam's face is twisted into a mix of regret, agony and confusion.

"Well you were thinkin' 'bout it just now," She says.

"Well where is he? Where's Dad? Do you know?" I ask.

"No, I don't know," she frowns.

"Aren't you supposed to be some type of pyschic?" Dean snaps.

"Boy do you see me sawy some bony tramp in half? Just 'cause I can sense energies in a room and read thoughts don't make me no magician. BOY IF YOU PUT YOUR FEET ON MY COFFE TABLE IMMA WHACK YOU WITH A SPOON!" She snaps at Dean. Dean blinks at her startled.

"I didn't do any-"

"OH but you were thinkin' it!"

"Ok. Our Dad- when did you first meet him?" Sam asks.

"Oh a few days after the fire. He came for a reading. He wanted to know what was really out there. I guess you could say that I opened the curtains for him.

"What about the fire? Do you know what killed....... Mom?" I say trying to choke out the last sentence.

"A little. You Daddy took me to the house. He was hopin i could sense the echoes- feel the fingerprint of the thing."

"And could you?" asksDean.

"No. Oh- but it was pure...... evil," she shudders.

~TIME SKIP LA-LALA~

We arrive at our old house. We walk up to the front door and I knock three times softly. A flustered looking Jenny answers, her toddler son on her hip.

"Oh! Sam, Dean, Annie. What are you doing here?" She asks. Ritchie squirms around to her other hip and she adjusts for the weight change.

"Um, Hi. THis is our friend Missouri and we were wondering if we could let her see the house. For old time's sake," Dean says.

"Right now's not a good time......" Ritchie struggles again.

"Here, let me see him," I say. Jenny looks uncertainly, but frustration and tiredness get the better of her. I take Ritchie out of her arms and place him on my hip. I remember the little clothespin doll the other little boy had given me earlier. I take it out of my pocket and hand it to Ritchie. He giggles at marvels at the new toy while we face Jenny.

"Listen, Jenny it's important- OW!" Dean says while recieving a whack upside the head from Misssouri.

"Ma'am, forgive this boy. He isn't the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to some things, but his heart is in the right place. But please, hear me out."