Dead Man's Blood

Annie's POV

Dean is flipping through a newspaper, Sam on his laptop. I'm looking on my phone to see if there's a message or text or anything from Dad.

There isn't

"Well dude. Not a decent lead in all of Nebraska. What've you got?"

"Well, I've been scanning Wyoming, Colorado, South Dakota. Here. A woman in Iowa fell 10,000 feet from an airplane and survived."

"Sounds more like 'That's Incredible' than, uh, 'Twilight Zone'," I say.

"Yeah." There's a collective sigh from everyone.

Dean smirks. "Hey you know we could just keep heading east. New York. Upstate. We could drop by and see Sarah again. Huh?"

"One fine chick man, smokin'." He whistles. "You two seemed pretty friendly. What do you say?"

"Yeah, I dunno, maybe someday. But in the meantime we got a lot of work to do Dean, and you know that."

Dean sighs, "Yeah all right. What else you got?"

"Ahh, man in Colorado, local man named Daniel Elkins, was found mauled in his home."

"Elkins? I know that name," I say. I dig through my bag and find Dad's journal. I start to flip through it's pages.

"Doesn't ring a bell."

"Elkins...Elkins...Elkins..." I mutter as I flip through the contact list.

Sam continues to read on. "Sounds like the police don't know what to think. At first they said it was some sort of bear attack and now, they've found some signs of robbery."

"Mm-hmm," I say, eyes glued to the journal. "There, check it out."

I hand the journal to them and point at the contact information.

"'D Elkins 970-555-0158'."

"You think it's the same Elkins?" Dean asks.

I nod. "It's a Colorado area code."

........................

The door swings open slowly as I pout away my lock pick gear and Sam and Dean survey the inside and outside of Elkins' cabin.

I look at the piles of paper, blood splatters and shard of broken glass lying everywhere. "Looks like the maid didn't come today." Dean and I walk deeper into the house while Sam looks around the front room.

"Hey, there's salt over here. Right beside the door."

I begin to flip through a journal on the table. "You mean protection against demon salt, or 'oops I spilled the popcorn' salt."

"It's clearly a ring. You think this guy Elkins was a player?" Sam asks. Dean walks over towards me and Sam.

"Definitely." When I look up, I see Sam and Dean looking over my shoulder. 

"That looks a hell of a lot like Dad's,"  Dean  says.

"Yep, except this dates back to the 60s."

We move into what I assume is Elkins' office. I look up and shine my flashlight on the huge hole in the roof.

"Whatever attacked him, it looks like there was more than one," Sam sighs.

"Looks like he put up a hell of a fight too."

"Yeah," I sigh.

We look around the room. Dean crouches down next to the desk and reaches for something.

"You got something?" I ask.

"I dunno. Some scratches on the floor."

"Death throes maybe?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, maybe."

Dean rips a page from a notebook and lays it over the scratches. He takes a dull pencil and rubs it over the marks.

"Or maybe a message."

Dean peels the piece of paper of the ground. The back is painted with a thin layer of blood. On the paper is a set of three lettersand six numbers.

"Three letters, six digits. The location and combination of a post office box. It's a mail drop."

"Just the way Dad does it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello assbutts!!! I had planned to make this chapter a tad longer, but I ran into an unfortunate accident earlier and well, this is all that shall be written for now.

And clearly I am the ruler.

And clearly I am the Jesus of this Wattpad account, therefore I make the rules. And Jesus said that "I shalleth updateth what I wanteth and when I wanteth." Verse 7, Chapter 8.