Shadow (Part 5)

Sam's POV

I'm practically dragging Annie now. She's breathing heavily and groaning in pain. We tried to take her to a hospital, but she refused to let us. We walk up to our motel room door, and Dean looks at the bags of weapons I carried back with us.

"Why didn't you just leave that stuff in the car?"

"I said it before, and I'll say it again-better safe than sorry." Dean unlocks the door and we enter the room. The solid black outline of a man stand by the window.

"Hey!" I flip on the light as Dean jerks up his gun and Annie shakily holds hers in the air. The man turns around.

"Dad?" Dad smiles sadly at us.

"Hey, boys. Annie, baby." Dad walks over to us and Annie collapses into him, and hugs him with all the strength she has left. She releases him and stumbles backward, but I catch her. Dean and Dad look at each other for a moment, then they too share a long hug. I watch, unsure of what to say or do. Dean and Dad pull away and Dad looks at me.

"Hey Sammy."

"Hey, Dad." Dad and I do not hug, but look at each other. I place the bag of weapons on the ground instead.

"Dad, it was a trap. I didn't know, I'm sorry." Dean's voice is filled with remorse.

"It's all right. I thought it might've been." While Dean and Dad talk, I help Annie into a chair. She slides down and focuses on breathing. The short walk took a lot out on her.

"Were you there?"

"Yeah, I got there just in time to see the girl take the swan dive. She was the bad guy, right?"

"Yes, sir." It scares me how all three of us answer at the same time. Like little soldiers.

"Good. Well, it doesn't surprise me. It's tried to stop me before."

"The demon has?" Annie's voice is barely audible.

Dad nods. "It knows I'm close. It knows I'm gonna kill it. Not just exorcise it or send it back to hell-actually kill it."

Dean cocks his head. "How?" Dad smiles ruefully.

"I'm workin' on that."

"Let us come with you. We'll help." Dean shots me a warning glance.

"No, Sam. Not yet. Just try to understand. This demon is a scary son of a bitch. I don't want you caught in a crossfire. I don't want you hurt."

"Dad, you don't have to worry about us." John looks over, surprised, at Annie who just spoke with such conviction and spite.

"Of course I do. I'm your father." He pauses. "Listen, Sammy, last time we were together, we had one hell of a fight."

"Yes, sir." My voice edges.

"It's good to see you again. It's been a long time."

Tears fill my eyes and my voice cracks. "Too long." Dad pulls me into a hug, and I feel his tears drop onto my shoulder like tiny pellets of rain. As we pull apart, I see him smile.

And then Annie screams. We turn to Annie, whose arm has fresh, bloody claw marks tearing across it. Then Dad is thrown into the set of cabinets and the next moment, I myself am flying through the air.

Demon Attack

Screams fill the air. Dad's gruff, deep ones. Dean's moaning, blood chilling ones. Annie's sob-filled, shrill ones.

My one terror and agony filled ones.

I feel searing pain in my arm and then my face and then my chest and then-

The flare in the bag. I crawl numbly to the bag and dig out the flare.

"Shut your eyes! These things are shadow demons, so let's light 'em up!" I light up the flare and let it go. The room is filled with heavenly, bright light and smoke. We all, I assume, feel around the room, trying to find eachother.

"Annie!"

"Saaaammm......" Annie's voice is a whimpering cry. I follow the sound of her cries until I grab her wrist. I pick her up bridal style and book it to the door. I grab the weapons bag and wait for Dean and Dad.

"Dad!"

"Over here!" Soon Dean is dragging, helping, whatever, Dad to the door and we all run outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I set Annie on her feet but she falls. Dean catches her and holds her up, while Dad leans on the Impala. I put the bag of weapons in the back seat.

"All right, come on. We don't have much time. As soon as the flare's out, they'll be back."

"Wait, wait, wait! Sam, wait. Dad, you can't come with us."

"What? What are you talkin' about?"

"You boys-you're beat to hell. And if Annie doesn't get to a doctor soon-"

"We'll be all right."

"Dean, we should stick together. We'll go after those demons-"

"Sam! Listen to me! We almost got Dad killed in there. Don't you understand? They're not gonna stop. They're gonna try again. They're gonna use us to get to him. I mean, Meg was right. Dad's vulnerable when he's with us. He-he's stronger without us around."

"Dad-no." I put my hands on Dad's shoulders. "After everything- after all the time we spent lookin' for you-please. I gotta be a part of this fight."

"Sammy, this fight is just starting. And we are all gonna have a part to play. For now, you've got to trust me, son." I shake my head no. "Okay, you've gotta let me go." We're all silent as he pats my, then Dean's shoulder. He walks to Annie, kisses the top of her head and then jogs to his truck. He looks back at us, sticking out of the window. "Be careful." He gets in his truck and drives away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello!!! Here's another chapter for you assbutts, idjits and hunters :) Hope you enjoyed! As always, don't forget to comment or vote or not :) Whateva :)

Bai bitches don't get burnt :3

-I_Am_A_Mishamego