Shadow (part 2)

~ONE WEEK LATER~

Annie's POV

 I step out of the car with Dean. I walk around the car and wait by the passenger side door. Dean grabs a toolbox full of equipment and walks up to where Sam and I are standing.

"All right, Dean, this is the place," Sam says as we start walking towards the building.

"You know, I've gotta say, Dad and me did just fine without these stupid costumes."

The 'costumes' where jumpers that had the logo of a local security system patched on front. We each had a nametag, and the nametags had our real first names on them, somthing I wasn't to happy about.

"I feel like a highschool drama dork," Dean continues.

"Make fun of 'highschool drama dorks' again and I'll kick your ass," I say. Sam laughs and Dean looks me over.

"Let me guess, you were a highschool drama dork."

"And proud of it. Hey, how else do you think I'm able to pull off such convincing lies?"

Dean laughs and then bumps Sam's shoulder. "What was the play that you did? What was it- "Our Town!" Yeah, you were good. It was cute."

Sam grins a little and his face turns slightly red. "Look, you wanna pull this thing off or not?"

"I"m just saying, these outfits cost hard earned money, that's all!"

"Whose?"

"Ours! You think credit-card fraud is easy?"

Sam and I laugh and Dean sighs, but there's a smile on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The building supervisor opens the door to Meredith's apartment.

"Thanks for letting us look around," I say as we step in.

"Well, the police said they were done with the place, so......"

We walk into the living and I almost gag at the smell.  When I look around the room, I see dark bloodstains covering the carpet and the wood.

"You guys said you are with the alarm company?" The landlord asks as she turns to face us.

"That's right," Dean says as he slides past me and into the living room.

"Well, no offense, but your alarm is about as useful as boobs on a man."

I snicker and when the landlord shoots me a look. I mask it with a fake cough.

"Well, that's why we're here. To see what went wrong and keep  it from happening again."

Dean and I move farther into the room while Sam stays behind to speak to the landlord.

"Ma'am, you found the body?" He asks.  

"Yeah," She says with a nod and a sigh. 

"Right after it happened?"

"No, a few days later. Meredith's work called, she hadn't shown up. I knocked on her door..... That's when I noticed....... The smell."

"Any windows open? Any sign of a break-in?" I ask.

"Windows were locked. Front door was bolted. Chain was on the door, we had to cut it just to get in!"

"And the alarm was still on?" Dean asks.

"Like I said. Bang up job your company is doing."

"Did you see any overturned furniture, broken glass, signs of struggle?"

"Everything was in perfect  condition........Except Meredith."

Sam turns from the windows, Dean turns from the door and I look up from where I was squatting on the carpet.

"What condition was Meredith in?" I ask.

 "Well Meredith was all over, in pieces! The guy that killed her must've been a whack job! But I tell you if I didn't know any better, I'd have said a wild animal did it."

"Ma'am do you mind if we take sometime to look around?"

"Go right ahead. Knock yourself out."

She leaves and we get to work. I kneel down next to the toolbox and bring out the EMF detector. 

"So, the killer walks in and out of the apartment. No weapons, no prints, no nothing."

"I'm telling you, the minute I found that article I knew this was for us!" Sam says.

" I think I agree with you," I say as the EMF detector goes off.

"So you talked to the cops?" I ask Dean as we all stand back up.

"Uh... Yeah, I spoke to Amy- A uh, charming, perky officer of the law."

"Yeah? What'd you find out?" Sam asks.

"Well, she's a Sagittarius. She loves tequila. I mean... whew! Oh, she's got this little tattoo-"

"Dean!" I snap.

"What? Yeah. Nothing we don't already know, except for one thing they're keeping out of the papers."

Sam and I turn to Dean.

"Meredith's heart was missing."

"Her heart?"

"Yeah, her heart."

"So what do you think did it to her? The landlady said it looked like a wild animal attack."

"Maybe it was. Werewolf?" Dean asks.

"No, it can't  be. The Lunar cycle isn't right," I say. "If it was a creature, it would've left some kind of trace."

"It was probably a spirit," Sam concludes.

Dean looks down at the blood splatters on the carpet. "Hmm...."

"What?" I ask.

"See if you can find any masking tape anywhere."

I search the tool box while Sam looks through Meredith's apartment. I pull out a roll of black tape and hand it to Dean. He begins to play a morbid game of connect the dots as he takes the tape and add pieces from blood splatters to blood splatters.

He finishes and we all step back and look at the strange symbol.

"Ever seen that symbol before?" Dean asks.

"No."

"Never."

"Me either," Dean says as we all share a worried look.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello darlings!!!!   I am super sorry for such a delayed update, but i've been busy :P I promise to have part 3 up before Sunday, so if it's not up I give you all permission to yell at me ;)

There are some awesome people with awesome stories that you guys really need to check out:

@MimiWinchester98

@SupernaturallyBri

@ElizabethWinchester

@Middie4Ever

@AshAsh94

@HaloKity117

@Batman_Jesus

So, if you guys could please check them out and their stories and maybe even follow them ;) ;) ;) it would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!

Again, I'm sorry for the late update, but I promise to have the next part up soon!!!! :) :)

Bye lovelies,

- I_Am_A_Mishamego