A Year

~~Your Pov~~

I don't know how things ended up like this. Where in my life have I messed up so bad to be in a situation like this? I'm a damn doctor! I save lives. I don't take them. I don't agree with other people killing either! Yet, here I was, the captured victim of a murderer. I'm nothing more than a pet in his eyes but even then I feel like that's being generous. I'm more like a pesky bug, waiting to be smashed if I let myself get caught. He sees me as below him. I think all of them do if I'm honest with myself. Who could blame them?

I don't know why or how I'm not dead yet. I've come close several times but never seem to get all the way. He thinks it's hilarious when he almost kills me. His amusement is always clear when he's torturing me. He finds the smallest things to be mad at me about. This isn't clean enough, I sneezed wrong, or I forgot to pick up a sock. It doesn't matter how small the issue is. He's just looking for any and every excuse as to why he does something. Always declaring it's a punishment when it's actually him acting on his own whims. 

I don't miss my own life but I don't want to be here either. I wanted to just settle down somewhere, enjoy a quiet life away from all my problems. I should have just stayed in the damn city. Why did I think settling down in some quirky little town was a good idea? I don't want to die but I don't want to live either. At least, I don't want to keep living this life. Im tired of the pain and the torture. I'm tired of him messing with my head and scrambling my brain when he lets out that goddamn static. It's like a factory reset on my brain, leaving me dazed and confused a lot of times. I hate it. I hate him. I hate this place. I hate it all.

I don't have issue with everyone here. Most of the others actually treat me kindly and make life here at least a little better. I don't hate them. I just hate him. I'm tired of trying to get his approval in anything I do. He's never satisfied. He'll never be satisfied.

"Y/N!" He barks, snapping out of my thoughts and turning my gaze to him. His voice is dripping with venom and malice, sending a shiver of fear down my spine. Why does he have to be so scary?"

"Yes sir?" I ask, my gaze firm on his face. It pisses him off when I don't cower before him, but I refuse to lose all of my humanity. I look everyone in the face and eyes when we're talking. I'm not going to be some meek mouse all the time.

"It's my evening to hunt. You do know what that means by now don't you? It should finally be ingrained in that pathetic excuse you humans call a brain," He replies in a bored tone, earning a slight tense of anger from me.

"It's the same every time you go out. It's not something I'd forget after several months here," I growl back in frustration. I know better. I really should know better, but he treats me like I'm stupid!

"If you count twelve months as several months then I'd suppose you are correct in your statement for once," He declares, the smirk obvious even if it's not on his lack of face. "A whole year and that fire of yours still burns so strong. You, my dear, are one of the best sacrifices I have ever received."

"A whole year?" I tell myself, hardly knowing how to respond. "I've been here for an entire year?"  

"I guess I've done a great job fucking with your head to the point you've lost track of time," He barks with a laugh. "Oh how you seem to surprise me. I'm close to breaking you. I can see it in your eyes. You're so close."

"Not close enough. I'll be damned if you break me," I spit back. "I refuse!"

A grunt of pain leaves me when he backhands me in the face, his nails scraping the skin. I clench my hands into fists as we stare each other down firmly.

"Are you itching for a beating?" He spits.

"I. Won't. Break." I state each word one by one. I can see his hand twitch but he doesn't hit me again, as much as he clearly wants to.

"We shall see about that," He remarks, latching a chain onto the metal collar around my neck.

The skin is now scarred and constantly chafes, leaving the skin raw constantly. It hurts all the time but not as bad as other things. It's a constant dull throbbing pain that never seems to end. He tugs on the chain and I start walking with him to the usual place I go when not very many of the others are home. Or if Slender is pissed off. We descend the stairs to the basement that smells like rotting flesh. It's cold and damp down here as well, a shiver shooting through me as the cold attacks my skin. He guides me to a cage set on one of the corners and I crawl inside.

He feeds the chain in hand through the metal bars and to a hook on the wall. This is necessary because I have escaped each of them by themselves. I've tried to get out of here, but each time has ended in failure and a beating. Scars, cuts, and bruises cover my entire body. No part seems to be without some kind of marking. The accumulation of scars make sense now that you know you've been here an entire year.

"I will return in a few hours per usual." He tells me.

With the same words he's repeated to me more times than I can count he leaves me alone in my small cage. Alone with nothing to do except try and ignore the cold seeping into my bones. Alone with my thoughts for a few hours. It's dark in the basement when the light isn't on, making me getting stuck inside my head that much worse. A heavy sigh leaves me and I just slump back against the cold metal bars. Alone with my thoughts once again.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get out of here, but it's difficult when my captor is a supernatural being. He's planned ahead of anything and everything that I've been able to come up with. What if I never get out of here? Never go back to a normal life. I'm going to be stuck here until the day I die. My eyes slide closed at the thought, but I don't cry. No matter what happens I haven't cried in a long time. Not even pain has made it happen. I just have no tears left to shed because at the end of the day that's all they're all. Tears. They don't fix anything. They don't make anything better. What's even the point anymore?

Why should I stay alive? Any 'friends' I've made will turn on me the second Slender gives the order to do so. They don't care about me or my well being. I'm just here. That's it. I don't have anyone to care about me anymore and the thought brings a wry smile to my lips. I'm alone. I am utterly and truly alone.