Old 'Acquaintances'

~~Sally's Pov~~

"Come on," I tell Y/N after a little while. "We need to move."

Y/N nods and follows after me as I pull her along, leading her towards the edge of the forest. I need to get her out of here. I can't let her get hurt by daddy, I just can't. I hate having to make her leave, but maybe if I get her to a random town she can just vanish. I don't want her to leave. I don't want to lose her, but I also know I need to keep her safe. No matter what. I cling to her hand as I fight back tears but finally come to a random edge of the forest. I turn to Y/N, fighting back tears as I look at her firmly.

"Y/N, you need to go," I tell her firmly.

"What?" She asks, confused.

"You need to go. Even though it's not your fault daddy is gonna blame you anyway. He's going to blame you and hurt you. I can't let that happen," I hiccup through tears. "Just leave and don't come back."

"Sally, I'm not leaving you out here on your own. I'll be fine," She insists as she kneels down. "I'll be okay."

"NO!" I scream. "He'll kill you! I don't want that to happen. Please. Please go," I beg of her. "Please."

"Sally, I can't leave anymore," She says, falling to her knees and gently cupping my face with her hands. "If I leave he's going to hunt me down regardless. I'll take the punishment because if I leave I'm as good as dead."

"But.....," I breathe.

"Not buts," She chuckles, wiping my tears. "We'll be okay. We can handle it together."

"Y/N? Is that really you?" An unfamiliar voice questions, our heads snapping up. "You're alive?!"

"You?!" Y/N snarls, jerking to her feet and hiding me behind her. "I'm alive no thanks to you."

"You've escaped The Slenderman! Come! We must celebrate!" The unfamiliar man cries.

"You can go fuck yourself!" Y/N spits back. "I hope you and your town rot in hell!"

"It's natural you'd be angry but come back with me. Come and we'll leave her alone," The man declares with a malicious grin.

My eyes widen in fear as I cling to Y/N, my body trembling as more humans come into view with weapons. Oh no! What are we gonna do?! I'm caught off guard when she punches the human in the face, clinging to her when she scoops me into her arms and takes off. I tremble and bury my face into her neck as she runs, too scared to do anything else. The humans shout and chase after us. What do I do?! I yelp when Y/N stumbles but she doesn't drop me. She gathers her footing and just runs, zigzagging as she tries to lose the humans.

She yells and stumbles, crashing to her knees as she clings to me. I'm confused when she sets me down, my eyes wide as she guides me to look up at her. What's she doing?! We need to keep going! I'm filled with dread as she pulls back and gives me a soft smile. No. No! NO! She can't do this! I can't just leave her like this.

"Shhh, it's okay," She breathes, pressing a gentle kiss to my forehead. "I want you to run. I'll hold them off for as long as I can."

"No, please. I can't leave you! You'll die!" I sob. "I love you!"

"I love you too," She smiles through her own tears. "I need you to run. Go back to the mansion."

"What about you?" I breathe.

"I'll be okay," She promises. "But I need you safe. See if E.J. is back. He can come help."

"Help. I'll get help!" I agree, giving her a tight hug. "Stay alive until I come back."