Peace Can't Last

~~Gabriel's Pov~~

My hands ball into fists from my anger. What is Y/N doing?! Why is she protecting a creature like that? It eats humans! She's supposed to be a guardian of humans. Not monsters! I so badly want to rip a bunch of holes into the magic of the forest, destroy the very thing you're desperately trying to protect. I need to save her. I need to stop this evil from spreading across her soul. I need a place to go. A place where the angels won't be able to find us. I'll purify her soul again and then bring her to Heaven. I just need to get a hold of her but how? How do I get her away from all of these creatures?

I travel about the Earth searching for a place I can hide Y/N. Suddenly, I come across a place filled with nothing but malicious intent. It's a run down church in shambles, but it's exactly what I need. I create a room beneath the church that only I can enter. Whatever resides here isn't holy and that's why it's like this. Something destroyed the church, but I find no creatures around. I wonder what became of this place? Fortunately, it's evil enough holy magic won't be able to find him or anything else beneath this structure. I get it prepared for my purpose, a dark smile coming to my lips. Excellent. I'll have her on the side of Heaven soon enough.

I return to my post in Heaven feeling very satisfied with my work. If no one else is going to help Y/N's soul then he'll be the one to do it. He'll be the one to bring her back to the good side. Heaven is meant to be her home and he doesn't want to see her become like Lucifer. He doesn't want her to fall because of some unholy creatures she's been forced to protect. He's not one to question things often but he is right now. He doesn't see her lasting if she's going to be forced to care for monsters and other evil creatures. Her soul will only end up tainted by all of it. I'm simply mitigating that factor.

Don't worry Y/N. I'll have you safe soon enough.

~~Your Pov~~

"Y/N!" Offender calls as he knocks on your door, a soft groan leading me as I stir.

What time is it? I glance over at the clock to find it's already the afternoon. I had a huge job last night and I must have used more power than I realized.

"Come in," I groan, pushing myself up in bed as Offender enters the room. "What did you need?"

"Sally requested a beach day. Are you down? We can buy you a swimsuit and you can model them for me," He purrs with a sly grin.

"Perv," I laugh, throwing a pillow at his face. "I wouldn't mind a beach day. Plus, Trender already made me a swimsuit so you're out of luck."

"Thought I'd try anyway," He chuckles, tossing the pillow back onto my lap.

"Are we going now?" I ask him.

"Most everyone is already there. I meant to ask sooner but you've been so busy with work you come home too tired to talk. Maybe it's time you take a break?" He tells me gently.

"I could use a break," I admit to him with a smile. "I'll get ready then. And no, you can't watch."

"Worth a shot. I'll see you downstairs," He grins before leaving my room.

I shake my head and get out of bed once my door is closed, heading to my dresser to fish out my swimsuit. I get changed and brush out my bed hair before throwing a cover over myself. I also prepare a quick bag with water and other things I might want or need. I'm sure they have it but the bag will give you a place to put your cover and sandals. I grab a pair of sandals and slip them on before heading downstairs where Offender is waiting. He's in nothing more than swim trunks, giving me a smile when I finally come into view.