Little Savior

~~Slender's Pov~~

I let go of an angry snarl when several books suddenly come into contact with my body, wrapping Y/N in my tendrils and holding her behind me as I turn to the source of interruption.

"Sally, back to bed young lady," I growl, quickly dampening my anger.

"I refuse!" She snaps back, several bookshelves beginning to float in the air. "You can't kill her! I won't let you! I can't stop everything but I can stop her death!"

"She's not a friend Sally. She's nothing but a human. The very creatures that have constantly tried to hurt you. Why is this one any different? I can replace her any time," I growl softly. "She's not your concern."

"Yes she is! We have to be concerned about friends and I'm concerned about her!" She cries, tears filling her green eyes. "I'll do anything. Just don't kill her."

"Sally," My voice is softer now. I drop the human on the floor and rush to my daughter, pulling her into a gentle hug. I never meant to make her cry. "I'm sorry I scared you. Not to worry, she'll stay alive as long as you want."

"Really?!" She gasps with excitement. "You mean it?"

"First, I have to make sure you're warned. If we're not careful she's going to run. The second she has an opening she will leave all of us without a second glance," I explain gently. "Are you prepared for that possibility?"

"We'll just hunt her back down and kill her ourselves if she does it," Sally tells me in a gentle voice. "We can't let anyone know about us after all."

"Deal," I declare, gritting my teeth when Sally lets me go to hug the human.

"Thank you," I hear Y/N breathe as she hugs Sally tight. She sounds.....relieved? She's the one who told me to just do it, so why does she sound so relieved be alive. "Why are you out of bed?"

"I......couldn't sleep," Sally tells her. "I got scared you were going to get into trouble for my present. I'm glad I did."

"You gave her the owl?" I question my little girl in surprise.

"Well, yeah. It's her birthday," Sally points out to me. "Everyone deserves a gift on their birthday. She's my friend. I wanna make her happy."

"That's her job, not yours," I tell Sally.

"Kind of a hard job with you," The human bites back.

She's so lucky Sally is in her arms right now because despite damping my anger around Sally I'm still pissed off. Everyone is on the human's side and it makes no sense to me whatsoever. She's not a member of this mansion. She's a mere servant that's only here because of me. If I hadn't brought her here they'd have all had no issue killing her if they so desired. That town would have killed her too. I haven't gone back since receiving Y/N, but maybe it's time I revisit it. I can always bring the human with me. If the town conveniently kills her on my behalf I can wash my hands of the woman.

"Sally, it's late. You need to go back to bed," I order as I get to my feet. "Let's go."

"Can she sleep with me tonight?" My daughter gasps, falling silent at the 'glare' she earns from me. "Okay daddy."

"What in the world is going on in here. Sally? You should be in bed!" Splendor scolds as he, Offender, and Trender come barging into my office.

"Nothing any of you need to be concerned with," Slender replies, attempting to grab Sally from the human.

"I want Y/N to put me back to bed," Sally declares firmly.

"Sally, I've already agreed not to kill her. Nothing else," I remind her.