Chapter One.

PICTURE OF JAYLEE

Song: Break My Heart- Hey Violet 

No words on earth could describe the deep hatred Jaylee felt for Luke right at that very moment. A hatred so deep, it burned with a passion for revenge. Jaylee never hated anyone-- even with being a heartbreaker. Sure, she disliked people, but what person doesn't? Humans weren't meant to love everyone they met, but Luke, he had pulled a string of dislike so bad in Jaylee, it snapped so bad it turned to hate. 

As she drove home from school that day, her mind wandered back to the way Luke defended Miley. Jaylee had never seen someone stove someone's arm because they tried to hurt the one they loved. Even with all the hate she felt for him, she couldn't help but feel a sadness sweep over her. Luke hurt Jaylee for Miley, so Jaylee wouldn't hurt her. He cared for Miley, and it seemed like the biggest mystery of all, for Luke never cared for any girl. His only goal was to break their hearts and watch them slowly and ever so painfully crumble to pieces. Miley was always his rebound and everyone knew it; they just assumed she was his on and off again girlfriend. 

A guy who would protect the girl he cared for was a big factor in Jaylee's book. She had never known what it felt like to have a guy care her so deeply, he would do anything to protect his girl-- besides her father, of course-- that didn't count. Jaylee wanted to know what it felt like to have a guy around her age care for her so much, he would take a bullet to keep her safe. As her mind hopped around all of these possibilities, it slowly traveled back to the guy who destroyed her. She thought he had cared about her, and oh, how stupid she was for thinking he cared... 

"God, Jaylee, you are so naive. I never loved you. You were always just a booty call." He barked out a bitter laugh. "Did you think me, a senior, would ever love a little freshman like you?" 

Well, of course she did. She was naive, and it was a bad point in her life. Back then, she thought she had found the love of her life, the one to protect her, but most importantly, the one who would love her always. She should have listened to Taylor Swift when she said the senior guy only wanted one thing. Dammit, T-Swift, why didn't she listen better!? 

Her car ride home that day seemed like an eternity ride, and when she finally pulled into her driveway, she practically hopped out and kissed the ground. The moment she walked through her front door, she could feel the presence of another person; someone else besides her mom and her, of course. She tiptoed into the kitchen, and she sees a tall, muscular guy with dirty blonde hair standing at the island, clad in an army uniform. 

"Sam!" She yelled, running into his arms. He lifted her up and spun her around. 

"Hey, sis, long time no see! I heard you are the badass of the school." He chuckled, placing Jaylee back on her feet. Jaylee shook her head and punched his arm playfully. 

Sam was Jaylee's twenty-three year old brother who was deployed to Iraq for six months. He was her shoulder to cry on, her best friend, and her rock. They were the closest siblings anyone would ever meet. The night he heard about what Eric had done to Jaylee, he went to Eric's house and almost killed him. He even knew about Jaylee's heartbreaker ways after Eric. 

Their mom laughed as she watched her children. "Honey, I am going to take Sam to get some new clothes. It seems he has gotten bigger-- muscle wise of course." 

Sam flexed his muscles and winked at Jaylee. Their mother chuckled, and Jaylee rolled her eyes, laughter pouring from her lips. Sam had definitely grown more muscular while he was gone. He was very built, and all the girls wanted him, but Jaylee knew there was only one girl who truly had his heart, and it was her best friend.