Chapter Four.

Song: Break Your Little Heart- All Time Low 

Mondays. The absolute worst day of the week. Even the name was cringe-worthy.  It could be the sunniest day ever, yet that day would still seem gloomy just because it was Monday, or as Jaylee called it, Satan's day of torture. There were many reasons that specific Monday sucked. Not only because of the day, but also because she had to play the role of Luke's fake girlfriend. That was the highlight of her day, to be honest. Note the sarcasm, too. 

Jaylee unwillingly rolled out of bed and changed into a flower crop top, black high rise skinny jeans, and a leather jacket. Once she did her hair and makeup, she trotted downstairs to slide on her black combat boots. A sweet aroma of pancake syrup filled the air, and Jaylee practically floated into the kitchen. Her mom was standing at the stove, and Jaylee immediately sat down at the kitchen table. 

"Hey, honey. I made chocolate chip pancakes." Her mom placed them on a plate in front of her, and Jaylee practically drooled over them. Her mom smiled at her. "Your dad wants to take you to the softball fields later. He really wants you to play this year." 

"Softball? I like it, but I don't want to play for the school." She mumbled with a mouthful of heaven in her mouth, and her mom chuckled. Pancakes were Jaylee's favorite, and her mom made them to perfection. They were like the staircase to heaven. Everyone knew food was the key to a girl's heart. 

As her mom sat across from her, she shot Jaylee a stern look. "Jaylee, do it and make your dad happy. You will regret it when he's gone." 

Her mom returned to the stove and cooked more pancakes, while Jaylee rolled her eyes. She knew she would have plenty of time to do that kind of stuff with her dad. He wasn't going anywhere for a long time. After Jaylee devoured her pancakes, she grabbed her keys and backpack before walking out to her car. 

"Bye, mom!" Jaylee hollered, and hopped in her car to drive to school. She pulled in and saw Miley standing with her new boyfriend, which was Collin Matthews. He was the definition of a player. There was no doubt he had been around the block, so to say, and Jaylee was glad she wasn't one of them. Miley definitely picked a keeper. 

Jaylee looked to her left to see Luke standing by his car, his eyes holding a deep sadness. His shoulders were hunched, and his overall expression was depressing. Jaylee kind of felt bad for him. She knew what it was like to watch the one you love be with someone else, but then she remembered how he wanted to use her and strutted to her locker. Luke watched her walk away, and then he decided to go to Jaylee. He hated Miley for getting with the worst guy on the planet. Luke absolutely loathed Collin, but it hurt even more to see Miley with him. 

Jaylee had just opened her locker when Luke leaned against the locker beside hers. She grabbed her English and French binders, and then she closed her locker, turning to Luke. He shot her a boyish smile. 

"She's coming." He muttered, and I rolled my eyes. Luke wrapped his long arms around her waist and pulled her close, planting his lips on hers. Jaylee could never say she didn't enjoy his kisses. She could not even deny that he was a good kisser. Jaylee wrapped her arms around his neck, and Luke tried to deepen the kiss. He swiped his tongue across her bottom lip, and she gladly gave him access. Their tongues moved in sync, and he tried to pull her even closer. 

The two heard Miley scoff, and Luke smiled. He knew what he was doing, and he did it damn well. He also knew seeing Jaylee with him would make Miley crawl back to him, just because she hated Jaylee so much, and that was completely satisfying. But, then again, he really liked kissing Jaylee--a secret he would never tell. As much as Jaylee hated being used, she loved to see Miley so mad and irritated.