Chapter Twelve.

Song: Can't Sleep Love- Pentatonix 

Jaylee stared at the note, her hands shaking with fear.How the hell the guy knew her name was even scarier. Even the people whose hearts she broke were never enemies. She was about to call Luke again, but the front slammed open, and she let out a bloodcurdling scream, her heart pounding against her chest. She thought the person who left the note was back, but it was only Luke. 

Luke ran into the kitchen, worry running through him, and pulled Jaylee into a tight hug. She held onto him tightly, as if it was the last time she would ever see him, and he caressed her hair.

"It's okay, I'm here." Luke cooed in her ear, and Jaylee closed her eyes as she pulled him closer. Luke pressed a gentle kiss against her forehead, and sat her on a chair. He kneeled down beside Sam and let out a sigh. 

"How are you feeling?" Sam glanced at Luke, his face reflecting pain. He held onto his ankle and tried to sit up. 

"Like I just got hit by a damn truck." Sam and Luke laughed, but it turned serious when Sam let out a painful groan. Jaylee closed her eyes to keep from crying. She couldn't bare to see her brother in pain, and Luke knew this was hurting her as bad as it was hurting her brother. He stroked her arm before he turned back to Sam. 

"Alright. Can you walk?" Luke asked, and Sam glared at him.

"I haven't tried. Help me up and we will find out." 

Luke stood up from the floor and held his hand out for Sam. He grabbed Luke's hand, pulling himself up, and let out another pained groan. Sam tried to walk, but all he could do was wince from the pain. Jaylee moved from the chair and wrapped his arm around her shoulder for support, and Luke did the same on the other side. They slowly walked out to the car, taking their time to relieve some of the pressure off of Sam's ankle. After Luke and Jaylee helped Sam into the back seat, Jaylee walked back into the house to grab her phone and keys, also grabbing the note. Jaylee locked the front door and returned to the car, hopping in the passenger's side. Luke started the engine and pulled out of the driveway,  driving to the hospital. 

Luke glanced at Jaylee and saw her playing with the hem of her shirt. He knew she always did that when she was nervous or worried about something, but he wasn't sure what she was nervous or worried about. He grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers, which caused her to look at him. Her eyes were wide, but he saw the fear in her eyes, and that worried him. 

"What's wrong, baby?" He asked, and Jaylee let out a sigh before she grabbed the note out of her purse and handed it to him. When they reached a red light, he took the note and read it. Luke's face paled, and his own hands shook as he read the note. Who would threaten someone like that? Even worse, who would be evil enough to scare someone with a note like that? Luke glanced at Jaylee, and she saw the worry lying in his eyes. The light turned green, and Luke drove again. His grip on Jaylee's hand tightened, as if assuring her everything would be okay. She knew as long as he was with her, it would be okay. He made her feel safe and protected. 

Luke felt like home. 

They pulled into the hospital, and Luke walked in to grab a wheelchair for Sam. When he returned to the car, Jaylee and Luke helped Sam into the wheelchair, and they walked into the hospital. They walked up to the front desk, where an elderly woman was typing away on the keyboard. 

"Hi, um, my brother can't walk on his ankle." Jaylee said, and the lady glanced at them, still typing away on the keyboard. 

"What's your name, sweetie?" 

"Sam Collins." She typed his name into the computer, and glanced at Sam.

"Age and birth date?"