Chapter Ten.

Song: I Really Like You- Carly Rae Jepsen 

Jaylee couldn't take it any longer. She missed hanging out with him. She missed hearing his stupid jokes, their cuddle sessions, and just being around him; she missed Luke in general. Jaylee even missed their stupid heartbreaker's game. He had made her like him a lot more than she ever intended to, but she couldn't let him break her. She wouldn't let him tear down the walls and make her vulnerable again. Jaylee knew what happened when you let someone break you, and she wasn't willing to feel that way ever again. Jaylee couldn't let Luke break her. 

It was Saturday, and since she had nothing better to do,  she decided to walk to Luke's house. She figured she would go to his house that day, since she had soccer try-outs the next day. During her junior year, she was co-captain of the varsity team, and she aimed for being captain her senior year. Jaylee was taken out of her thoughts when she reached Luke's front door. She hesitated before rapping her knuckles against his door, and when she did, a girl opened the door. Jaylee's heart sank in her chest. She figured it was Luke's new girlfriend. 

"Hi, is Luke here?" Jaylee asked, and the girl nodded. She moved aside to let Jaylee in, and Jaylee examined her. The girl was tall, and she had ocean blue eyes, similar to Luke's. Her hair reached her shoulders, and it was dirty blonde. The more Jaylee looked at her, the more she saw a resemblance to Luke. 

"I'm Bethany, Luke's sister." Bethany gave Jaylee a warm smile, and Jaylee smiled back. Her heart instantly felt relieved when she heard the girl was his sister. As the two were talking, Luke walked downstairs. He was shocked to see Jaylee standing with Bethany, but a part of him was instantly happy. He missed his girl. When Luke and Jaylee's eyes met, Luke quickly shot Bethany a look. Bethany winked at him, and walked to the other room. 

Luke directed his attention back to Jaylee and walked closer to her. "What are you doing here?" 

Jaylee stared into his eyes. She noticed how Luke's eyes were not as bright as usual; well, until he saw her again. Black circles laid under his eyes, and his overall posture was tired. Jaylee assumed he hadn't been sleeping much, and she was right. Luke had been miserable. The words he said to Jaylee were eating him alive, and he didn't know how to make her understand he didn't mean a word of what he said. 

"I'm bored. Are you going somewhere? I can leave if you are." Jaylee replied, her voice laced with nervousness, and Luke shook his head, a smile growing on his lips. 

"No. I was going to go swimming." He said, biting his lip. "You wanna come?" 

I don't have a bathing suit." Jaylee muttered, and Luke glanced down his hall. 

"Bethany! Come here!" He hollered, and Bethany walked out, raising her eyebrows at Luke. 

"Can you give Jaylee one of your bathing suits to wear?" Bethany nodded, grabbing Jaylee's hand. They ran up to her room, and when Jaylee walked in, her eyes filled with pink. Bethany had pink everything-- pink walls, pink carpet, pink comforter, and even a pink desk. Jaylee sat on the pink chair in front of her desk and waited for Bethany to find a bathing suit. 

"So, you are the famous Jaylee?" Bethany shot Jaylee a smirk over her shoulder, and Jaylee shot her a confused look. 

"...I guess?" Bethany nodded, moving to her dressers. How did she know Jaylee? She knew for a fact she had never met Bethany once in her life. 

"I have heard a lot about you." 

Jaylee's eyebrows furrowed together. "From who?" 

Bethany opened her mouth to answer, but Luke barged in before she could utter one word. Jaylee stood up and glared at Luke, and he sent her a cheeky grin. Luke had a feeling they were talking about him, and he was glad he came in when he did.