Chapter Seven.

Song: Jealous- Nick Jonas 

The next day, Jaylee walked out on her front porch to see Luke standing at the bottom of the steps. Their eyes met, and he smiled, walking up to kiss her. Jaylee's mind was still running wild with the events of the day before. She couldn't like him. She would lose the game, and even worse, he would break her heart. 

"We only have two days to finish this art project. Do you want to go the park after school today?" Luke questioned, and Jaylee nodded. Sure, as long as I don't have to see you in another make out session. She didn't say that aloud, but she was sure as hell thinking it. 

"I already finished drawing my part, so you can start yours." Her voice came out a lot harsher than she intended, and Luke sent her a worried look. He knew there was something up with her. He saw it yesterday at the park and all the way to his house. 

He grabbed her hands in his and asked, "What's wrong?" 

Jaylee shook her head and walked towards her car. She didn't want him to know what he had done to her. Sure, it was unintentional, but it still hurt more than she would like to let on. If Luke knew she saw and she was hurt by it, there was no doubt he would use it against her in their game, and she would be the one destroyed. 

"Nothing. I'm just thinking." 

Jaylee and Luke got in her car and drove to school. As soon as she pulled in, the first thing she saw was Collin and Miley in a full rape project. It was disgusting, and Jaylee really wanted to disinfect her eyes after the sight of the two. Jaylee glanced at Luke, and he rolled his eyes. Miley knew what she was doing, and they both knew it. One day, she would be kissing Luke, the next, Collin. Luke was pissed, but he knew he could easily get her back. After all, he had a secret weapon of his own, and if Miley wanted to play with fire, Luke would fight fire with fire. Jaylee and Luke walked into the school. He wrapped his arm around her, and Miley stopped them in their tracks. 

"Hey, Luke." She flirted, and Jaylee almost threw up in her mouth. Jaylee had never seen someone as fake as Miley. A part of her kind of hoped Luke would shut her down or ignore her, but her hopes were too high. Then again, weren't they always? 

"Hey." He grinned at Miley, and Jaylee looked away from them. The heaviness returned in her heart, and she let out a shaky breath. 

"So, maybe if Jaylee isn't giving you enough, you would want to come with me?" Miley winked at him, and Jaylee rolled her eyes. Luke was ecstatic. His plan was working, and if it really went well, he would have Miley again. The good part of him felt bad for Jaylee. They had been so good lately, and one wrong word and he could ruin it all, but the part of him that wanted Miley didn't care. 

"Would you look at that, you finally got my name right." Jaylee muttered "bitch" under her breath, and Luke squeezed her side. Jaylee flinched in pain, and when she looked at Luke, all he could do was stare at Miley. Luke couldn't believe Jaylee would actually mutter that right in front of Miley. He didn't mean to hurt her when he pinched her side, but it did shut her up, and that was all he needed. Miley gasped and grabbed Luke's hand, and Jaylee wanted to slap her hand away. 

"Jaylee, why don't you go inside?" His eyes finally met mine, and they pretty much told me he was done with me. "I will be there in a minute." 

Jaylee bitterly laughed, slightly annoyed. Why did he want to push her away? What was so important with Miley that she couldn't even be around? Jaylee was starting to see where she stood with Luke; she was the help, and she was tired of being everyone's second choice. 

"Why can't I just wait?" She knew asking that was risky, but Luke just glared at her. Jaylee rolled her eyes. Luke was completely annoyed with Jaylee. She knew how important getting Miley was, and yet, here she was, ruining his plans. He wanted to tell her off, but he calmed himself before things got worse.