Chapter Twenty-Five.

Song: Stay- Florida Georgia Line

She was his girlfriend again. Jaylee was practically floating on cloud nine. She was his girl again, and she knew being with him made everything okay. Everything was right in their world again. 

When Jaylee awoke the next day, Luke was no longer there. She was kind of sad, but she knew if he left, he had good reason. She trusted Luke, and she knew he wouldn't try to hurt her again. So, she kicked off her blankets and walked down to the kitchen, poured some cereal in a bowl, and ate. As she was eating, her phone vibrated, and a picture of Luke flashed on her screen. 

"Hey, baby." He greeted, his voice cheerful. "I have a question."

"Shoot, sweet pea." Jaylee teased, and Luke chuckled through the phone. A smile grew on Jaylee's lips. She loved the sound of his laugh. It made her happy. 

"Sweet pea? The last person to call me that was my grandma, and I was like, five years old." Jaylee and Luke laughed, and Jaylee set her bowl in the sink. 

"It was the first nickname that came to mind." She stated, smiling. "What's up?" 

"I was wondering, uh, if maybe you would want to go on our second-first date?" 

Jaylee's smile grew bigger, and she responded with, "Why, I would be honored." 

Luke let out a breath of relief. Jaylee giggled. She could tell he was nervous, but she didn't understand why. Did he think she would reject him? She didn't know if she could ever say no to something as sweet as their second-first date. Jaylee could tell he was smiling, though. She felt in her heart. 

"Alright, I will be there around 4;30. Bye, Jay." Luke hung up, and Jaylee glanced at the clock. It was eleven in the morning, so she had plenty of time to get ready for their date. She watched a little bit of Gossip Girl before she walked up to her bathroom and hopped in the shower. 

Once Jaylee was done in the shower, she wrapped a towel around her body and walked into her room, deciding what to wear. She chose a sheer purple floral shirt clad with a pair of denim shorts. She dried off and changed into the clothes before braiding her hair to the side and slipping on a pair of black flip flops. 

Luke arrived at exactly 4:30. Jaylee walked downstairs and opened the front door to see Luke leaning against his car. He smiled at her before walking to the passenger's side and opening the door. Before Jaylee walked over, her eyes raked over him. He was dressed in a gray t-shirt with a black flannel over it and a pair of dark denim jeans. When Jaylee's eyes met his again, Luke was smirking.

"Checking me out and I haven't even kissed you yet." He teased, and heat crawled up Jaylee's neck, all the way to her cheeks. She walked to Luke and he chuckled as he cupped her face with his hands and pecked her lips. When they pulled away, Jaylee smiled at him before she hopped in the car. 

Luke pulled out of the driveway, and started driving towards the countryside of California. Luke had the radio turned to his favorite kind of music, which was pop. Every song he knew, he would sing along to. Luke knew Jaylee kept glancing and laughing at him, and every time he caught her, the biggest smile would appear on his face.  Eventually, Jaylee joined in with him, and there they were, cruising down the dirt roads, singing along to every song they knew at the top of their lungs. 

About an hour later, they arrived at a field with a whole bunch of couples sitting on the ground with picnic baskets. Luke parked the car and popped the trunk. He pulled out a blanket and a basket from the trunk, and he led Jaylee to a spot on the field. Luke laid the blanket down and sat the basket on top of it before he sat down and pulled Jaylee down with him. Luke pulled out plates and cups, and then he smiled at Jaylee.