Chapter Fifteen.

Song: Cheyenne- Jason Dreulo 

She should have known.

She should have known he was using her. 

She should have known he was going to hurt her. 

She should have known he was going to try and break her heart. 

But she let him anyway. 

Jaylee wondered why she ever agreed to be his girlfriend. She already knew how it was going to end. Coincidentally, it ended the same way it ended with Eric. 

Promises were lies. She should have known better. 

Jaylee also wondered why she ever agreed to play the stupid game. She was so oblivious to the fact that she thought Luke loved her, but no. She fell for him and he used her to keep his damn title. 

She was raging. But the immense pain in her heart overpowered the rage she felt. 

Jaylee finally reached her house after leaving Luke's, and she she sat in her car for a couple of minutes, completely numb-- minus the ache in her heart. Her heart was slowly crumbling to pieces, taking its slow time to shatter completely. His last words rang in her mind, and they broke her down even more. 

"I love you, Jaylee!" He had shouted, "I'm in love with you." 

"Dammit!" She screamed, slamming her hands on the steering wheel. Jaylee sobbed her heart out, crying out every ounce of hurt in her. The tears flowed like a river leading its way to the ocean, and for once, she didn't consider her crying a weakness; she was heartbroken. She was allowed to cry to her heart's content. Once she calmed down,  she slowly got out of her car, still sniffling. She walked into the house, and Sam was sitting at the table. He glanced up at her, and his face etched with worry. 

Sam stood and ran to Jaylee as he asked, "What the hell happened!?" 

"L-Luke cheated on me..." Jaylee busted into tears again, sobbing in agony. Sam pulled her against him and held her tight. Jaylee clutched her heart, as if that would lessen the pain. Once Jaylee calmed down, Sam pulled away from her and grabbed his jacket. He started to walk towards the front door, but Jaylee grabbed his arm before he could leave. 

"What are you doing!?" She asked between sobs, and Sam's eyes turned red as he tried to rip his arm out of her grip, but damn, she was clinging to his arm for dear life. He let out a sigh and closed his eyes. 

"I'm going to kill the son of a bitch." He growled, his eyes meeting Jaylee's once again. "Look what he did to you, sis, you never cry! You are completely heartbroken, and I'll be damned if I let him get away with hurting you like this." 

Jaylee's eyes grew wide, and she attempted to pull Sam away from the door. "Please don't, Sam. I know I should let you, but it's my fault. I should have known better. Just please let it go for me." 

Sam stared at Jaylee for a couple of seconds. Jaylee would have gladly let him go and hurt Luke like he had hurt her, but she knew she shouldn't let Sam. She agreed to the game. She agreed to be his girlfriend. She brought this upon herself, and she knew exactly what she was doing. In her mind, they were both at fault. 

"Fine, I won't go." Sam sighed, and Jaylee dropped her hand from his arm. "Why don't you go upstairs and get some rest? I promise I won't go after him." 

Jaylee hesitated at first, but then she nodded and trudged up to her room. Sam had calmed her down some, but he couldn't fix the hole in her heart. Only one person could fix that hole-- the same person who created it. Jaylee hated that fact. She hated feeling defenseless against her own heart. She placed her headphones in her ears and laid down in her bed, trying her hardest to sleep, and the only time sleep came was after she cried herself to sleep.