Chapter Twenty-Eight.

Song: Best Day of My life- American Authors

It was a big day-- graduation day. 

Jaylee hopped out of bed with a smile on her face and ran down to the kitchen. Her mom was standing at the stove, making her famous pancake breakfast. Jaylee walked up to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek before walking into the living room. Thirty minutes later, her mom called for her to tell her that breakfast was ready. She walked back into the kitchen and saw she made all of Jaylee's favorites. Strawberry pancakes, turkey bacon, and maple sausage. She shot her mom a huge grin and dug in. 

After breakfast, Jaylee walked outside and stood in the sun. She looked at her driveway to see Luke standing there, clad in a loose baseball t-shirt and dark denim jeans, smiling up at her. Jaylee returned the smile and ran down, jumping in his arms. He picked her up and spun her around before setting her down and crashing his lips into hers. They smiled through the kiss, and when they pulled away, they were still smiling. 

"This is it, baby." He whispered, and Jaylee grinned, pecking his lips. 

"We are graduating!" She squealed, and they smiled at each other before Luke intertwined their hands. The two walked around the block, talking, laughing, and flirting, before he took Jaylee back to her house. Luke and Jaylee went to her backyard and laid in the grass, hands intertwined, watching the sky. Jaylee let out a sigh and rested her head against his shoulder. 

"It's hard to believe we're graduating." She started, watching the clouds slowly move in the sky. "It seems like just yesterday you hated me and we were fighting over something as stupid as breaking hearts." 

Luke let out a chuckled and caressed her hand with his thumb. "I hated you so much. The thought of someone breaking more hearts than me was a living nightmare." 

Luke and Jaylee busted out laughing. They found it humorous how they could argue over something so stupid. They found it funny that they even hated each other, considering how much they were alike. When the laughter died down, Luke shot Jaylee a grin and pulled her closer.  She stared at his face. She looked at his big, ocean blue eyes, which were crinkled because of smiling, the deep dimples on either side of his smile, the freckles that scattered across his cheeks, and finally, his captivating smile that made her fall in love that much more. 

"What?" He asked, and Jaylee softly smiled as she cupped his face with her hands. 

"Nothing. I'm just glad I gave you a chance." Luke's smile grew bigger, and he pecked her lips before he gazed into her eyes. 

"I'm glad I met you, Jaylee. You changed me for the better and no words could ever describe how lucky I am to have you as mine."

Jaylee's smile grew bigger as she whispered, "I love you so much, Luke." 

"I love you too, Jaylee. Always." 

When five o'clock came around, Luke finally went home. Jaylee walked into her house and hopped in the shower, cleaned up, and hopped out. She brushed her hair, dried it, and curled it, letting it flow over her shoulders. Jaylee walked into her bedroom and slid on the dress she bought for graduation. The dress was blue with a sweetheart neckline and a bow in the back, and it came right above her knees. She slipped on a pair of white wedges, parted her hair on the side, and applied makeup. Once she was done, she slid on her gown and pinned her cap in her hair. She was really graduating. 

"Oh, honey. You look so beautiful." Her mother complimented, and Jaylee turned around to give her a smile. Jaylee's mom walked over and hugged her tightly, kissing Jaylee's forehead. "Sam and your dad would be so proud of you." 

Jaylee shot her mom a smile once more before they walked to their car and drove to the school. Jaylee noticed her mother looked happier than usual, and it made her happy to see her mood up. When they reached the school, they got out of the car and went their separate ways. Jaylee walked to where the seniors were to meet, and the first people she spotted were Cassie and Lauren.