C h a p t e r 8

Do you like choco chips?
-

How does it feel to hear your harsh words right back at you?

Because I am sure as hell feel relieved to say back at you, not as harsh as you said but in a much sweet way.

Door opened and doctor came followed by nurse. He was old, wrinkles on his face showing his age. He smiled at me. “How are you feeling Luna?”

I furrowed my brows and though how did he know I am Luna? Oh, I forgot that they already knew when their Alpha punished me in front of them. They all knew now.

I nervously smiled back. “Good doctor. When am I going to go home?” I came straight to the point. I didn’t feel good in hospitals.

He chuckled. “When you wish Luna but first let me tell you about your condition.”

Condition you mean my injuries? No thanks. I don’t want to hear. I don’t want to know about it. I don’t want to think about it. I am all good. For now.

“Can you tell me later doctor?” I asked.

He was taken by that but nodded nonetheless. “Of course Luna and just take medicines on time. You will heal fast.”

Medicines and I? Not so good. I hate medicines and I am not going to take it but for the sake of him nodded my head. He left after that.

“Let’s get you home now.” Home? Yeah, this pack became my home.

He helped me stood up but careful about my back and left arm. There was bandage on my head, left arm and maybe on my back. But I didn’t feel more pain because of sedatives the doctor gave me. Just a back pain because I knew it was a deep. So it will take time to heal. I was in a hospital gown but I will changed it when I reached my cabin. I didn’t want to spend one more minute here anymore.

He took my hand and we walked towards the door of hospital. My legs were jelly like but it was Theros whom I leaned into. Several people were gathered around the hospital with flowers in their hand. Theros groaned and said. “Sawyer can’t you done one job at least. Our Luna needs rest now.”

I didn't know Sawyer was here also. “But people wanted to greet our Luna after she discharged. I am sorry Luna. I will tell them to come later.” Sawyer said.

“No. It’s fine. I’d love to meet them.” And smiled at them. It was not their fault that their Alpha punished me. It was embarrassing to face them after they had seen in my worst state but upon seeing their happy face, who I was to deny their greetings. I was lucky that they were accepting me. I thought they will hate me like their Alpha but no. They all were nothing like him.

They came and wishing me quick recovery and said I am so brave and so beautiful. I blushed at their words. I was not used to such compliments. After Theros shooing them away they helped me to get in car. Sawyer was driving while Theros was on the passenger seat.

They both were silent and I didn’t have anything to talk on. I closed my eyes and leaned into the seat. I could feel their gazes at me but I said nothing. It was not their fault at all.

We reached my cabin. Theros helped me to get out and walked me towards my cabin. Sawyer opened the door for us. “Thank you gentleman.” And he smiled at me. “How have you been Sawyer? It’s been so long since I have seen both of you.”

He was embarrassed. “I am sorry Luna. We didn’t know you were in the dungeon until you were unconscious. We asked Alpha about where were you but he said you left him.”  Of course, Irvin would say something like that. I was not surprised to hear it. That’s why I didn’t see any of them when I was in the dungeon.