Chapter 8

Me and Bangchan looked around and checked if there were any security cameras around. Thereafter we went to a nearby convenience store to check the surveillance footage. There we saw the suspicious person I saw a while ago. I asked the employer that works there to zoom in so I might get a detail of the person's face, but nope. The person's face was covered with a mask and a black hoodie, so there was no chance in seeing the face. One thing was for sure that the sex is male and is around 170 cm tall.

Me and Bangchan wrapped up and went home. I called my mom and said I will come visit her another time. I was really glad to meet her again, it's been years. I missed her a lot.

I've arrived back home. I tried to sleep, but no hope. I decided to continue working with the murder cases. I looked through Rosie Kim and Hwang Hyunjin's case. Something was different about it. It was sure that the house they were killed in was the murder's home. Why were these victims in the murder's house? Were they his friends? I then suddenly got a phone call, it's from Changbin.

~~

Me: Hey, what's up?

Changbin: Guess what.

Me: What?

Changbin: I found a surveillance footage of the murder that occurred today.

Me: What?! Send it to me ASAP!

~~

The call ended and I got a text message from Changbin. I opened it. After watching it a big sigh left my mouth. This sick bastard. How could he? These were all innocent victims, they haven't done anything to you. I decided to watch the video again. I suddenly heard a man's voice. It's not from behind me, it's from the video. I texted Changbin if he heard the man's voice. He replied with a no. Am I the only one who can hear his voice? I tried watching it again. This is what happened in the video.

~~

Victim: "Please don't kill me, I got a baby at home. He needs me," she said begging for her life.

Murder: "You shouldn't have done that," he said to her with a calm voice. She cried, crawling on the ground trying to escape him. His psychotic chuckles could be heard. He gripped her by the hair and slapped her hard. He then brought out his knife and stabbed her multiple times. After he was satisfied with his work he tilted his head and starred into the camera, a smile crept up on his face.

~~

There are some things that I didn't understand. He has never been caught on camera before, how come now? And it looks like he did it on purpose. Is he trying to tell us something? What if he already if very close to us? There are a lot of questions that are still to find answers to, and I'm going to find those answers.

I called Seungmin, I wanted to ask him a favor.

~~

Seungmin: Hey.
Me: Hey, I want to ask you favor.
Seungmin: Yeah sure, go on.
Me: Can you check on who was around Rosie Kim? If she got a boyfriend or just someone who was close to her.
Seungmin: Yeah sure! I will contact you whenever I find any clues.

~~

The call ended. Now I just got to wait. I decided to go to sleep for now.

~~ 7:00 am

My alarm goes off again. I did my normal routine and went to work.

I arrived. I went to the others and we began talking about the new case. How the victim was found and all that stuff. And about that video Changbin sent me. Changbin then said something making everyone to look at me.

"Melinda, what did you mean when you asked me if I could hear a man's voice?" He asked. Let's just tell them. There is no point in hiding it.

"I heard a man's voice. I am starting to think I might hear sound others can't hear," I said.

"Let's see if you're correct. I know someone who can test you," Bangchan said. We all then went to that someone. We eventually found out that I was correct. I can hear things others can't.

"What did the murder say?" Jeongin asked.

"Yeah, and how did his voice sound like?" Felix asked, being curious too.

"You shouldn't have done that, he said. And his voice sounded calm and sweet, but I think the culprit made his voice more darker. It sounded edited," I said. They nod understanding.
"Also one more thing. I could hear a cracking noise coming from his jaw," I added.

"That's rare. Not many people got cracking noises coming from their jaw," Seungmin said.

I got a message, I opened it. It was from Minho. He asked if I wanted to hang out with him and of course I want to, so I replied back that I will meet him at Han river at 5 o'clock.