Chapter 16

"~Hide well, I might see your hair~"

I literally got chills. This man knows how to scare people.

"This ain't a singing lesson, your at the police station," I strictly said to him. He just smiled. Not at me, but at the crime photos that still were on the table.

"Do you like what you're seeing?" Felix asked.

"Yeah. Aren't they beautiful? It didn't take that long to gain their trusts," he answered. Felix sighed.

"You're mentally sick," I spit out. He raised an eyebrow up.

"I've been told that many times already, but I don't care. I'm used to it," he said.

"Anyways, back to the case," I began. I placed another photo in front of him. Melinda's mom.

"Now, explain this," I said to him. He looked at me, tilting his head.

"Nothing much. Just wanted to make her look special," he explained. I was about to say something, but got interrupted by the door opening. It's Melinda. She is standing on her feet's like nothing have happened. People weren't lying when they say women are strong.

"I heard you guys were talking about my mom," she said. Minho staring intensively at her. She told everything that had happened between him and her mom Rachel. And their past.

"That's why you made Choi Rachel so 'special'?" I asked. He just mhm'd.

"Melinda probably thinks I killed her mother because she disobeyed my words, but I was going to kill her anyways," he added. He looked bored. He got nothing to do, other than to sit and wait for something to happen. Probably got the urge to kill, which I of course won't allow.

~~ time skip: court.

Melinda POV

We are now in the police car on our way to court. I hope this bastard that is sitting on my right will get life sentence. All of a sudden I felt a hand wandering around my thighs. I lil bit to close to my private spot. I turned to look at Minho. His eyes showed lust. He wanted to hear me scream his name in pain.

"You're not my boyfriend anymore, don't you get that?" I said to him, throwing away his hand. He leaned into my ear and whispered.

"You haven't broke up with me yet." I look at him annoyed.

"Let's brake up then," I said. He pouted like a little kid who wants attention. Didn't fall for it. I just ignored it.

The rest of the ride was silent. Until we arrived at the courthouse. Many reporters were gathered. I fucking hate reporters to be honest. No for real. They are irritating. Invading your privacy and ask questions that you don't want to answer to, because in some cases some got trauma, making it hard for them. Am I being dramatic? This is just my opinion. I Ignore them. I know it's their job, but I feel like they are being a bit to much these days.

We got out of the car. Changbin and Bangchan holding Minho around the arms so he doesn't escape. He got handcuffs on, but to be sure. You never know about him. He's very intelligent. He also got a mask on, so the reporters don't see his face. They will see him in the trial without.

We pushed through the annoying reporters that were blocking our way and entered the building.

~~ time skip: trial.

Authors POV

Many people were gathered to see the serial killer. Not many don't knows how he looks like. So today is a face reveal.

"The judge is here, please rise up from your seat to show respect," one of the bailiffs said. Everyone did so. Including Melinda. The judge found it's place and hit the desk 3 times with his gavel, starting the trial.

"We are now going to start the case of Lee Minho. Please bring the defendant out," he said. There he came in handcuffs and with two police officers holding around his arms like two koalas.

Melinda could hear many whisper about how handsome he was and that they didn't believe he was the murder. All because of his looks. Like damn.

"Let's start the debate," the judge said.

~~ time skip

Melinda POV

I have been called in as a witness, so I talked about what I've been through and how manipulative he is. And about mom. Right now they are discussing about what sentence they should give him. I prayed and hoped he will get life sentence.

"We have now decreed," he began.
"The defendant Lee Minho who has murdered many innocent human beings. Including sexual assault, threat and psychotic behaviors. He will get.."

"Please, please.." I prayed by myself.

"The defendant Lee Minho will get life sentence," the judge announced, making every guest, family and friends of the victims applaud. Some hugged and cried.

I walked up to the angry looking Minho and whispered.
"Served you right, bastard. Hope you rot in jail." He glared at me.

"Take him," I said to the guards. They took a hold of him and walked out of the court.

"Let me go, assholes!!" Minho yelled angry, trying to wiggle out of their grips, which was no use. Finally he is gone. I felt relieved. Another villain is in jail.

~~ 3 years later

I am now in the plane that is soon taking off. I've said goodbye to my coworkers and said that I will miss them. I really will. They were all such good and hardworking people and I would like to keep working with them, but I got to go back to London to continue my work there. But this time I'm not going alone. I've got my dad with me. He has also been through a lot. He lost the love of his life. He has recovered a lot, but is still thinking about her. She will always be in our hearts. Always and forever. Me and dad made a promise to always stay by each other's sides. And I will never ever break that promise.

~~The end~~

IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR FEEDBACK ON HOW YOU WANTED THE ENDING OR THE STORYLINE IN GENERAL. PLS COMMENT. MAYBE YOU'LL GET BOOK 3. 🤪

Thank y'all for reading! I hoped you liked this book too!
Love y'all. <3