The Calm Before the Storm

The rest of the day flies by and thankfully I don't see Clarke again after we get back to school. I'm not sure my heart can take more of her. I'm surprised I made it through lunch, let alone having her pop up randomly at school. The worst part of it all is that at the same time I feel hurt that I haven't seen her. Is she choosing to stay away?

Pull yourself together man. You have other things to worry about. Stop thinking about that girl. She's just like the others. She just wants something from you and then she'll be gone.

"Hey, Bell. Are you ready to go? Nyko wants us to stop by his place before going." Miller claps me on the back.

"Sounds good, just let me tell O." I walk quickly to find her because I know Nyko doesn't like to wait. I see her talking to a certain blonde haired, blue eyed, devil that I can't get out of my head no matter how many lectures I give myself. She is trouble and I know it.

"Hey, O, I've got a couple things to do before tonight. I'll meet you at the party." I say quickly so that I can turn and leave without talking to them.

"Cool. Wait, Bell, I was telling Clarke that she has to come.  Don't you think she has too?" Octavia wraps her arm around Clarke and makes her face me.

"Yeah, of course. It's a rite of passage. I'll see both of you there. Don't go in until I'm there, no matter who's there O, got it?"

"Gosh, I sneak in one time and you can't let it go." She gives me a nod letting me know that she understands.

I walk over to where Miller is waiting. Murphy is with him now and he looks like he's been in a fight. I groan inwardly and clench my fists.

"What was it this time, Murph?" I ask him as he picks at a bleeding wound on his knuckle.

"What? Oh this?" He points to his bleeding hand and shrugs. "It was nothing. I handled it myself."

"I still want to know what happened." I say and when he doesn't answer I take a step closer to him towering over him. "Now."

"Chill man, seriously. First the fort and then this. What's going on with you? Is it the blonde chick? She's hot but not worth losing your head over."

"Murphy," I hiss, "tell me who you fought and why."

"Fine. It was Sterling. It was nothing though. He just tried to take one of my customers." He finally admits.

"Next time don't make me ask again." I say before stepping back. "Let's go."

We get to Nyko's and do a couple of side jobs for him before going to the pier. We get there just before 8:00 which means we have to sit and wait. Miller and Murphy pull out cigarettes and take long drags. Murphy, as always, blows his smoke directly into my face. Normally I just ignore it but I'm more tightly wound than usual so I can't take it.

I pull the knife out that's hooked to my belt and before Murphy can even flinch I've cut his cigarette right down to his lips. He makes a small whining sound in the back of his throat, but is smart enough, for once, and stays silent. He spits out the butt and crosses his arms.

Miller, who hasn't said anything either, slowly drops his cigarette to the ground and stomps it out. He gives me a look to warn me that I need to calm down. Unlike with Murphy I actually listen to him. I take a deep breath and slip my knife back into its holder. Atom walks up at that point and gives me a questioning look. I look to Murphy and then roll my eyes.

My phone starts buzzing which breaks through our silent tension. I pull it from my pocket and see Nyko is calling. I swipe the phone with my finger and put it to my ear.

"Bellamy." I say.

"Are you there?" He asks.

"Yes."

"Good. Have Atom stay. I want you and Miller to go to that party of yours. Send Murphy back here."

"Understood." I hang up and slip the phone into my pocket.

"Atom you're supposed to stay put. Murphy go back to Nyko's and Miller we get to go to the party." I say and I have a very bad feeling about the situation. Something feels off. He wouldn't have sent us all out here just to leave one behind. Something is going on that he's not telling me about. 

A/N We broke 1000 reads! Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting. You guys are all awesome.