Miss Abuse

"Where the heck have you been?" O practically yells when I finally open the door to our house. She leaps into my arms and I hug her tight. Over her shoulder I can see a pair of shoes; Clarke's shoes. My eyes look upward to see her perfect legs and then a stoic looking Clarke.

"I'm sorry," I say while looking deep into Clarke's eyes.

She doesn't react.

"Just don't do it again big brother." O says completely oblivious to the fact that I wasn't really talking to her. "Clarke told me what happened."

My heart sinks even farther. "What did she say?" I ask while looking at Clarke and then to O.

"That she lost her watch and you helped her find it. That was really great of you Bell. I'm sorry for, you know, saying that you were a horrible person and deserved to die alone." O says with a smile letting me know that I'm forgiven. I'm relieved to hear that O doesn't know what really happened, but I don't understand why Clarke didn't tell her. Instead of dwelling on that for now I decide to act like Clarke; as if nothing has happened.

"Wait, you didn't say that." I say in a mock-stern voice.

"Right, well not aloud anyway." She winks and sticks her tongue out at me.

"Brat." I playfully shove her with my hand on her shoulder.

"Jerk." She pushes me back and I smash myself against the closed door pretending that she is strong enough to push me that hard.

"Ouch, O, please don't hit me again!" I put my arms up in self-defense and pout. "I don't think I can survive anymore of your abuse."

O's eyes brighten and I can tell she's having to fight hard to not start laughing. She places her hands on her hips and tries to glare. "It happened one time, Bell. One time! When will you let it go?"

"Never. It's your own fault Miss Abuse." I tease and duck out of the way of her flying fist.

"I'm going to kill that kid." She grits her teeth and then busts up laughing when I drop to the ground after her foot barely taps my leg. I grab my leg and curl up into the fetal position.

"Please, Miss Abuse, just stop. Please. I'll tell your brother." I let out a whimper and sniff so it sounds like I'm crying.

"Stop it Bell! Gosh!" O breaks into another fit of laughter. I lie on my back and start to laugh. After we both have tears streaming down our faces from laughing she helps me up.

"Gosh! Jaden is such a baby. I still can't believe he told on me." O says.

"Right? Of course his mistake was that I'm the one he tattled to." I flash back to the day when O was barely seven years old and Jaden our neighbor, who had just moved from his beloved state of New York, stole her Nerf gun. She leapt on him and hit him until she got it back. Jaden was two years older than her and she had made him pee his pants in fear. When he finally begged her to stop she had shot him in the forehead a couple of times, peeled the bullets off of him and skipped away. Little did he know I had been watching the whole time so when he came to tattle I just busted up laughing.

"Seriously. What was he thinking?"

"He couldn't think because Miss Abuse had beaten him into a bloody pulp."

"It was one scratch." O holds up her pointer finger. "One tiny scratch."

"That needed five stitches."

"Well, yeah." She blushes. "But still."

"I think I need to hear this story." Clarke says with a smile on her face. I had forgotten that she was here.

"Well take a seat, Princess because we have a tale for you." I say without thinking. I see a flash of pain across Clarke's face when I call her princess. I know that I can't be like her. I can't pretend nothing happened. "Actually, I have a couple things I've got to do. O why don't you tell her?"

And then I walk off to my room and slam my door shut. I now know that she really isn't as tough as she acts. I've hurt her and I was an idiot for thinking that with her being here it meant we'd be okay. I listen closely to the sound of Octavia telling her story and Clarke's laughter. I remember just earlier today when we were having such a great time. I flop onto my bed as the memories wash over me.

"Ticklish, Princess?"

And now I know that it's over. How can I try to fix it when I know that I'll just hurt her again? I roll over and can smell her scent on my pillow. I pull it to me and try to memorize her scent.

A/N Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting! I know I say it a lot but you guys are awesome! I love hearing what you think :)