Chapter 17 - The fear of unknown

Charlotte's POV

I looked at my stomach in the mirror with wide eyes. No, it was impossible. I was on pills. Did I forget to take it? No, as much as I remembered I took them regularly.

"Do you feel bad again? Your pace got paler, Ms. Wright." She asked, concerned.

"No, no." I replied absently and splashed some water on my face. Then I rested my hands on my neck and looked at my stomach in the mirror again, biting my lower lip nervously.

After feeling better, I went to Nathan's office, lost in my thoughts. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about the possibility of my pregnancy.

After greeting him, I sat down in the armchair beside his desk as he told me he had to make a few calls before leaving.

I bit my nails nervously, trying to remember when my last period was. However, I couldn't remember because my mind was blank. I took a deep breath and looked at the calendar on my phone.

I gulped nervously as I finally remembered. I was two days late. It felt like my heart stopped beating. I clutched my knee and ruffled my hair with my shaking hand. Then I looked at Nathan nervously, biting my lower lip. He was writing something on the paper while talking on the phone.

Nathan will freak out... He will freak out when he finds out.

And my modeling career...

I took deep breaths, trying to calm down as I felt dizzy again.

As soon as I felt better, I grabbed my bag and stood up abruptly.

"What happened? Where are you going?" Nathan asked, puzzled as he lifted his head and looked at me after hanging up the phone.

"I... I have a meeting at the agency. I forgot about it. I have to leave." I lied and gave him a nervous smile. "Bye." I added and left quickly without letting him say anything.

I placed my hand on my chest, breathing deeply as soon as I walked out of the hotel.

After calming down, I got in my car and started it without knowing where to go.

I parked my car close to the park and leaned my head back against the headrest, closing my eyes. I took a deep breath and pulled my phone out of my bag. I bit my lower lip nervously and called Sienna. I had to talk to her, or I was going to be crazy if I kept thinking about it.

"Is Romeo beside you?" I asked anxiously, ruffling my hair after greeting her.

"No, he went to the company. What happened? Your voice is strange." She asked, worried.

I nibbled my lower lip and said, closing my eyes. "I think I am pregnant."

I opened my eyes and furrowed my eyebrows as she didn't say anything.

"Sienna?"

She cleared her throat and mumbled. "Are you sure? Is it Nathan's? Does he know?"

"I had been feeling bad since this morning. And of course, it is Nathan's if there is a baby. No, I didn't tell him anything... I am scared." I ruffled my hair, breathing deeply.

She sighed. "Firstly, you should calm down. Then, you have to be sure if you are pregnant or not. If it is true, you should talk to Nathan." She said calmly.

"He will freak out. You know it is complicated between us... he doesn't want a serious relationship; he told me several times. And if I tell him that we are going to have a baby, he will think I want to trap him." I stated sadly.

"Lottie, he knows you very well not to think such a thing about you. So calm down. And you don't know if you are really pregnant." She said warmly.

"I don't know, Sienna. I am so scared. And my modeling career... Moreover, if he doesn't want..." I breathed deeply, closing my eyes as I felt nauseated again.