Chapter 58 - Seeing red

Alexis' POV

When Charlotte and I were having dinner, Thalia approached us, giving me a wicked smile. I clenched my fist, giving her a death glare.

"Good evening." She greeted us and gave us a fake smile.

"Good evening, Thalia." Charlotte said, emphasizing her name, forcing a smile, and rested her hand on top of mine. I squeezed her hand, looking at my wife lovingly.

"So Alex told you about me." Thalia commented, flashing me a smile.

"Of course. My husband doesn't hide anything from me." Charlotte replied confidently. "Why did you pretend to be someone else?" She asked, giving Thalia a questioning look while I was sure my beautiful wife was holding herself hard from strangling Thalia.

"I wanted to know you. I didn't think you would agree to talk to me."

"Yes. I don't find it necessary to be friends with my man's exes." Charlotte said arrogantly, still holding my hand while I was enjoying my wife's jealousy.

Thalia clenched her fist and looked at Charlotte furiously.

"I am sorry, but my husband and I want to enjoy our time alone together. At home. You know newlyweds prefer to stay alone." Charlotte commented devilishly and winked at her. Then she turned her gaze from angry Thalia to me and added seductively. "Let's go, my love."

I nodded in amusement, standing up, and held out my hand towards my amazing wife. She gave me a dazzling smile as she rested her hand on my hand, standing up.

"Goodbye, Thalia." She gave her a victorious smile before we walked towards the exit.

My driver opened the door for us as we approached the car. I pursed my lips together, trying not to laugh after getting into the car, and sat down beside Charlotte on the back seat. She still looked frustrated.

"Don't dare to say anything!" She exclaimed angrily when I wanted to say something.

"Alright, my tigress." I gave her a teasing smirk.

"Alexis!"

I raised my hands in the air in surrender. "I admit you are freaking sexy when you get angry." I commented huskily and bit my lower lip seductively.

"Alex!" She exclaimed and pursed her lips together, trying to hold her smile. She sighed and shook her head. "I don't like her at all or trust her."

"You shouldn't have." I stated firmly and held her hand. "I will do everything to keep her away from you." I promised, giving her a reassuring smile, and squeezed her hand. She nodded, smiling slightly, and rested her head on my shoulder.

Charlotte's POV

I was lying on the couch in my office; I fainted in the meeting in the conference room about twenty minutes ago. My assistant helped me to come here after I opened my eyes. I slightly felt better now. So I decided to rest till it passed totally. Meanwhile, my assistant went to bring me water.

Suddenly, the door opened, and Alexis rushed into the office anxiously. He wasn't at the agency when I fainted; he had a meeting outside.

"How do you feel, koukla mou?" He asked, concerned as he bent down in front of the couch and grabbed my hand, placing a soft kiss on my palm.