Chapter 47 - The ex

Charlotte's POV

"Why didn't you tell me? You know she was going to pose for the campaign, don't you? Don't tell me you are here to see her." I stated firmly, giving him a suspicious look.

"Why do I have to tell you?" He asked nonchalantly, resting his hand in his pocket. "And no, of course, I am not here for her. There was nothing serious between us. And why should I tell you who I dated or not?" He asked, closing the distance between us. "Did you forget our engagement is fake?" He asked huskily, leaning against my ear.

I gritted my teeth. "Why didn't you ask her to marry you? She would gladly accept any offer. So you wouldn't ask me, and I wouldn't have to bear your jealous exes." I commented angrily.

"Because I don't want to get myself into trouble. She is a clingy bitch. I got rid of her with difficulty. I want this game to end without any problems and headaches." He stated with a stoic expression on his face as he pulled back slightly and winked at me.

"Why are you sure that I will not cause you any problems?" I asked curiously, raising my eyebrow.

He smirked wickedly, closing the distance between us. "Because I know you very well. You are a trustworthy and kind girl. So I am sure you will not create any problem for me." Alex said hoarsely, leaning against me, and ran finger along my cheek, his gaze intense with desire. I bit my lower lip, looking into his blue eyes while my heart was pounding. "Let's go, koukla mou." He whispered in my ear and ran his nose along my neck, sending shivers down my spine while I was intoxicated by his sensual sandalwood scent.

***

As my meeting was canceled at the last minute, I decided to see Nathan and ask if what happened in his hotel caused him problems or not. Yesterday, I asked Alex about that Arabian businessman; he told me that man went back to his country, and everything went as planned. I was relieved that I wouldn't see that bastard anymore, and he wouldn't try to assault any woman again.

As soon as I arrived at the hotel, I went to Nathan's office. I knocked on the door and opened it after hearing his husky voice.

"Hi." I greeted him, giving him a bright smile.

"Hi. How are you?" He asked warmly as we approached each other, and he placed a soft kiss on my cheek.

"I am fine. Thanks. And you?"

"Tired." He sighed and gave me a boyish smile.

"I was in the neighborhood for a meeting, but it was canceled at the last minute. So I decided to visit you."

"Would you like something to drink?" He asked after suggesting that I sat down.

"Coffee, please." He nodded and grabbed his phone.

I smiled happily as he remembered how I preferred my coffee.

A few minutes later, his assistant brought our drinks and left us alone.

"Did that bastard bother you again?" He asked firmly after taking a sip from his drink.

"No, don't worry. I heard he went back to his country. Alex told me the police arrested that man as soon as he placed his foot in Dubai because of his illegal businesses." I informed him.

"Great!" He exclaimed, relieved. "By the way, that Greek really cares about you." Nathan commented, looking me in the eyes.

"Yes, he is." I nodded, smiling.

He cleared his throat and intertwined his hands on the desk. "Don't play with his feelings."

"What?!" I narrowed my eyes, looking at him angrily.