2

Fran

It was official — I could not get my mind off of Brian.

And I'd even tried to. I'd tried to keep myself occupied. I'd gone shopping with Josie, I'd sat out by the pool with Charlie and Thomas, I'd even helped Hero put together a piece of furniture for the nursery.

But none of it worked. I was still thinking about Brian.

And here I sat, watching him mow the lawn with nothing but a pair of dirty jeans on. His shirt was slung over one shoulder, his body shiny from the sweat dripping off of his skin.

I bit down on my lip, watching his every move. How did he make everything look so damn good?

"Boo."

I jumped, clutching my book tight to my chest as I looked up at Dad.

"H-hi," I nervously greeted.

He chuckled. "Hey. There's some drool-"

"Shut up," I laughed out, shaking my head.

He smiled down at me. "I made you your favorite. Pink lemonade."

"Thank you," I said, squinting up at him.

"So, what's your book about?"

I took a sip of my lemonade, trying to come up with something. "U-uh-"

"You don't have to lie, I know you haven't read a single page."

"Okay, well, get a less attractive landscaper," I said, shrugging.

He chuckled, pressing a kiss to the top of my head. "Be good. Behave yourself."

"Aye aye, cap'n," I muttered, and as Dad walked away, my attention went straight back to Brian.

I couldn't help myself — I bolted up from my chair, making sure to grab my lemonade from the table next to me. I ran across the yard, earning Brian's attention after a few seconds.

"Hi," he greeted, pulling one of his headphones out of his ear.

"Hi," I said, smiling up at him, "y-you looked hot, so I wanted to bring you something to drink really quick."

He smiled down at me and pressed a kiss to my cheek, grabbing the glass from me. "Thank you, baby."

"Mm hmm," I muttered, watching as he wrapped his lips around the straw. He closed his eyes as he took a long sip, letting out a satisfied groan.

"Shit."

I bit down on my lip, keeping my eyes locked on him.

"Did you make that?" He asked, his eyes meeting mine.

"Mm mm," I said, shaking my head.

He smiled down at me, eliminating the space between us. "You okay?"

I let out a breath, nodding. "Mm hmm."

"Can you make out actual words?" He asked, one of his hands slowly trailing down my back.

"I can't stop thinking about you," I said, my head falling against his sweaty chest.

Pimples, Fran.

I quickly pulled away, wiping the sweat from my forehead. He chuckled and made sure to check our surroundings before tightly gripping my backside, looking down at me.

"Don't worry, I think about you all the time, too," he said, his lips pulling up into a grin.

I kept my eyes locked on his as he slipped his hand inside my shorts, sliding his hand between my bikini bottoms and my skin.