6

Fran

"Baby, baby," Brian chuckled out, making me smile against his lips.

"What?" I innocently asked, trailing my fingertips down his front.

He pulled away from me, leaning his head back against his seat. "I can't have a boner for work, goof."

I smiled. "Or I could give you a boner, do something about it, and then send you into work."

"Lovely idea," he said, pressing a quick kiss to my lips, "but I can't. I'm sorry."

I smiled, pressing a kiss to his nose. "It's okay."

I climbed out of his lap and back into the passenger seat, brushing my messy baby hairs away from my face. I tightened my ponytail, looking over at him. "What time do you get off tonight?"

"Not soon enough. Can I come over when I do get off?" He asked, gently rubbing my thigh as he looked over at me.

I nodded. "Thomas and Hero have been playing baseball a lot. You've got to see his swing."

"I can't wait," he said, closing his eyes.

He looked so tired. His hair was disheveled, his white tank top beneath his mechanic's shirt a little stained from his hard work, and his eyes looked droopy.

I grabbed his face and pressed kisses to his cheek, raking my fingers through his hair. "I love you."

"I love you, like, eighty-five times more," he said, smiling, never opening his eyes as he accepted all of my kisses.

I pulled away from him, looking over at him. I was stuck in a constant state of wonder as to how I'd scored Brian.

I let out a sigh as I looked away from him, knowing that if I continued to look at him in his work getup, I'd end up making him very late for work.

"Oh, I have something for you," he grunted out as he reached towards the backseat, "as an apology for working so much lately."

I smiled over at him, looking at the bag he held out to me.

"You didn't have to," I softly said.

He nodded towards it, smiling. "Open it."

I reached in the bag and pulled out a tank top, smiling over at him. "Stop."

"You pointed that out at that store in the mall the other day," he said, "well, a few weeks ago."

"I can't believe you remembered," I said, holding it up. I'd had my eyes on this for weeks.

"And there's another thing," he said.

I reached in the bag, biting down on my lip with a smile as I looked over at him. I pulled out a small box, lifting an eyebrow.

He smiled, his leg subtly bouncing up and down.

I opened the box and saw a ring, making my eyes go wide. "Brian-"

He laughed, pulling it out of the box. "It's a promise ring, baby."

I smiled over at him. "No way?"

"Mm hmm," he said, and the look he was giving me was enough to make me melt into a puddle.

"I love it," I said, sliding it on my finger, "thank you."

He puckered out his lips and I pressed a kiss to them, pulling away with a smile.

"I love you," he said, rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb, "let's get you home."