23

Fran

"Stop, you're making it obvious," I laughed out, looking over at Brian.

"I think the hickey on your boob is making it obvious," he chuckled out, making me look down and swiftly pull my top up before Hero could sit down in front of us.

"Have we ever had morning sex? Before today?" Brian asked, right before Hero approached us.

I couldn't help but to giggle, greeting Hero with a smile. "Hi."

"You two look chipper."

"That's your third cup of coffee today."

"Isla had a long night," he said, basically collapsing in his chair. He rested his head against the table, making me grimace — this was high school. I barely wanted to touch the table with my hand.

He shot up with a newfound sense of energy. "The caf sells energy drinks. I'll be right back."

He jogged towards the caf, and his presence was replaced by Josie.

"Notice anything?" She asked, ruffling her fingers through her hair.

I lifted an eyebrow, smiling. "If you would've gotten it done, I would've been the first to see."

She smiled an accomplished smile. "I actually curled my hair last night."

I matched her excitement. "I'm proud of you."

"Thank you," she said, "it's the first real effort I've put into myself since I got my heart violently ripped from my chest."

Brian looked as if he wasn't sure how to respond, so he simply leaned back in his seat and let out a breath.

"Hey, Fran, you might want to pull your shirt up before Hero dies of a heart attack when he sees your hickey."

"Here," Brian said, "take my jacket."

I wrapped myself up in it, shooting a thank you smile at Josie.

I could see her sudden change in expression, considering if Josie didn't say it, her face certainly did. I knew it had to be Eros, so I didn't even bother turning around to check.

"Thank God for energy drinks," Hero said, placing the can on the table as he sat next to Josie.

She scooted away from him, never taking her eyes off of whatever it was that held her attention.

"Josie, can you please stop-"

Hero stopped himself, his eyebrows going into a deep furrow as he basically jumped up from his chair.

"What in the fuck are you doing back?" He asked, making my eyes go wide.

And when I looked up, I saw exactly why Hero jumped out of his seat.

Dylan Williams — someone I thought I'd never have to think about again.

No. No.

All I could see was that night.

The weeks after that night.

"No, you need to fucking leave-"

"Hero," Josie said, standing up as she placed her hands on his chest to keep him back.

My response was simple. I couldn't move.

"I swear to fuck, Dylan," Hero said, "stay away. Or I'll gladly break my hand and fracture a few of your ribs again."

Brian looked over at Hero, and down at me. He could see it written all over my face.

I stood up, brushing past everyone and away from the caf. Whatever happened between Hero and Dylan was Hero and Dylan's business.