10

Henry

My eyes fluttered open, making me blink a few times before I fully opened them. I buried my face in my arms folded under my head, sighing.

Barcelona sun was no joke, even at ten in the morning.

I spent a few more minutes buried in my arms, turning my head over to face Zach.

Mom and Dad didn't put the same rules in place for Zach and I that Uncle Jo and Aunt Lena had for Fran and Brian — Zach and I were sharing a room. Mom and Dad pretty much accepted what happened between Zach and I was going to happen either way.

I smiled, nudging his leg with my foot. He was peacefully sleeping, his plump bottom lip pouted out.

I scooted closer to him, pressing a soft kiss to his bottom lip. His lips pulled into the smallest of smiles, making him grab my arm with the hand closest to me.

"In my big book of facts about Henry King, I'm jotting down that you're a clingy sleeper. Like, super cuddly."

I laughed, pulling him closer to me. "Good morning."

"Good morning," he said, "yo, I have to brush my teeth."

We both climbed out of bed and walked into the bathroom, brushing our teeth. He looked over at me as he brushed his tongue, grinning.

"No gag reflex," he boasted, winking.

"Must come in handy for all this," I teased.

He gave my backside a smack as he brushed past me, turning on the shower. "Wanna?"

I smiled at him through the mirror, wiping my mouth. "I just got a shower last night, and I'm just going to get all disgusting again today."

"Henry, we don't take showers together to actually get clean," he said, turning off the shower.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him into me, trailing my hand down his side as I leaned against the counter. "You like Barcelona?"

"Love it," he said, "no wonder why you want to move here."

"You coming with?" I asked, smiling at him.

He leaned his head back a bit, smiling. "I'll follow you anywhere."

I eliminated the space between us, pressing my lips against his. I stood upright and gripped the back of his neck, almost getting carried away but was interrupted by the clearing of a throat.

"Good morning, boys," Josie said, smiling.

"Mornin'," I greeted, clearing my throat as I turned away from her.

"Sorry to interrupt, but breakfast is ready. Abuela is hellbent on us all eating together as a family."

"Every meal?" I muttered, leaning closer into the mirror to pick at what looked to be a pimple forming.

Josie slapped my hand away, pointing up at me. "It's going to leave a mark if you don't leave it alone."

I looked down at her, knitting my brows together. "Oh, you mean like.. that mark?" I asked, pointing to the small pimple on her forehead.

"I hate you," she said, covering the spot with her hand as she walked out of the bathroom.

I chuckled, looking over at Zach. He was fixated on something on his phone, making me scoot closer to him.

"You okay?" I asked, gently tapping his chin.

"I'm alright," he said, shoving his phone in the pocket of his pajama pants.