Alternate ending.

Adrian waited, he really did. He didn't want it to be true.

He had overheard peacemaker and adebayo talking.

"She's dead." Chris had said the words he hoped to never say again.

Chris broke down and cried, but so did Adrian.

"I could have protected her, I could have saved them, I wish she didn't get dragged into any of this." He cried

Adrian had also cried. He ran. He couldn't go to jail.

He was a runaway. He knew that May wouldn't want him to be like this.

He wished he could have saved her. He was glad all this butterfly shit was over but..

He had never shown his feelings, that was until May came in his life at a young age. When she ran away he was heartbroken, he shut out everyone and left his feelings behind. And when she came back, everything was better.

But she was gone again.

They were together in spirit, but. It didn't feel like they were together.

They felt.. apart.

Adrian felt heartbroken again.

He felt as if the whole world was crashing down.

He shut out everyone and every feeling again. Living out his life in shame, he had to even get a new job because he knew that peacemaker would come looking for him.

He was alone.

She was alone.

They weren't together, and that hurt, it hurt them both more than Adrian would say.

——————————————————————————

I had to write an alternative ending this one is much more sad. I apologize 😭