Side Story I

Happy reading~

~~~~~

How many months or years has it been since his disappearance? I don't remember it anymore. The police have been trying to find him, but in fact they have no clue about his disappearance. He seemed to have disappeared from this world without anyone knowing.

"Are you happy there? That's why you don't want to come back here?"

I saw the expanse of stars in the sky. If he were here I'm sure he'd be looking for a brighter star. Or he would speak if he were a constellation, what name would that constellation have.

"Are you already a constellation? If you are, why didn't you tell me the name?"

If anyone sees me talking like this I'm sure they'll think I'm weird. But that's an 'if', after all I'm here alone and it's already night. On the beach where I and he often rest from the cruelty of the world.

"You broke your promise... You said that you would always be with me..."

Without realizing it, tears fell from my eyes. I'm still looking up at the stars in the sky.

While I was still looking at the stars in the sky, I felt a vibration in my trouser pocket. I took my phone and picked it up without looking who the caller was.

"... Hello?"

"Hey Jae- Are you crying??"

Hearing my coworker's voice made me immediately wipe my tears. My voice seems a little hoarse from crying earlier.

"I'm not crying..."

"Liar. Huh... Are you still thinking about him?"

"Hmm"

Hearing my answer made the person on the other end sigh again. Yeah, I don't blame him either. I realized that during his disappearance I paid less attention to others.

"You two are really soulmates huh... Can't be apart for too long"

I was silent when I heard my coworker's words. Soulmates? Me and him are not soulmates... Right?

"He's not my partner..."

"... Soulmates are not always about partners. Sometimes soulmates can be family, friends, coworkers, even best friends"

"Ah"

I slowly smiled at the stars in the sky. After hearing the words of my co-worker, one of the stars seemed brighter than the others. I chuckled when I saw the star.

"By the way, are you still at the beach?"

"Yep"

"Wait there. I'll pick you up"

"What is going on?"

"We have a meeting with a client. Haven't you seen my message?"

I fell silent again to hear his question. It seems that I was really too focused on looking at the sky. Not getting an answer from me made my coworker sigh again.

"Just wait there, okay?"

"Yeah.. I'll wait for you here, Daeho-ssi"

"Good"

After that I turned off the phone. I'm still looking at the star that looks brighter than the others.

"I've found that star.. Heh. Too bad you're not here with me, Eunhae.. My bright star"

After I said that I could feel the wind blowing gently. Immediately I heard a faintly familiar voice.

What do you mean I'm not with you, hm? I will always be with you, Jaegeun-ah