Chapter 2 - Job

Grocery Gang x Reader

Chapter 2

You couldn't be happier that you actually got the job without question. Outside, the sky was dark. You walked in through the now somewhat familiar facility double-doors. Molotov was the first thing you saw on the way in. He had been standing on a tall ladder, labeling boxes with some sort of marker. His hands were gripped around the ladder tightly, as though he was hanging on for dear life.

"Uh, hey you," you projected your voice loud enough so he could hear all the way up there. His eyes widened, and he almost slipped. Evidently, he had been so focused on the boxes and not falling, just the sound of your voice made him jump. His breath caught in his throat for a second, making an "uunh-" sound. Finally, he rebalanced his feet, and was stable on the ladder again.

"I'm sorry for scaring you. Actually, I was looking for Fiddlepat?"

"Yeah, he's not here yet. Though he's usually here early."

You glanced down at the ground, ushering a small, "damn."

"Anyways," he continued, now climbing down the ladder, and reaching the ground. Putting the cap back on the marker. "If you'd like, I can wait with you. I was actually just going on my break."

You nodded dismissively.

"Sure."

You both sat down at a nearby table, the one you previously witnessed Fiddlepat and Molotov arguing at.

"So," he sat in front of you, resting his chin on the palm of his hand boredly. "Why'd you choose to work here?"

You sighed deeply, although you thought it was only in your head.

Molotov sat upright. "I see you're not much for conversation."

"I don't really want to talk about why I'm here."

"It's alright, I'm sure you'll talk eventually."

"And how would you know that?"

He just shrugged. "It's the way things go."

You rolled your eyes, and moved your tongue to your cheek. "Oh I bet." You snapped sarcastically. He stared at you with a shit-eating grin on his face having succeeded in irritating you without even trying.

"What made you want to work here?" You questioned mockingly. His expression faltered, and he glared at you angrily. "None of your business, rookie."

Much to your enjoyment, your spitefulness had worked. You leaned back in your chair to glare at him yourself, "it seems we both have our secrets then, don't we?" Of course it wasn't obvious then, but this was the moment you and Molotov gained a mutual respect for eachother. It was a sort of, 'you're a pain in the ass, I'm a pain in the ass, and we both have things we'd rather not talk about.' From then on, it was needless to say that was the relationship you had with Molotov. Like a younger, kid brother.

He looked defeated. And just then, the latecomer finally made his way in the building.

He looked like hell.

And hell was hot.

He took a moment to breath for a moment, shakily. "I.." He breathed one last time. "Am so sorry. A lot just happened."

You saw Molotov scowling out of the corner of your eye, "we wouldn't have guessed without your help clarifying." Molotov spoke to himself irritably. He got up from his seat and went (presumably) back to work, to which Fiddlepat seemingly ignored. "I had to go to Everyism's house, because his phone wasn't working, and tell him he had work tomorrow."

Truthfully, you had no idea who Everyism was. You could have laughed, but now didn't feel appropriate.

"Do you need anything..?" Was the only thing you could get out of your mouth.

"I'm fine." He stood upright and sighed. "Let's just get to it."

( Sorry this chapter is so short! Let it be in preparation for next chapter. It's going to be pretty long. )