Chapter 14 - You're Invited!

You did buy a movie: a cheap, low-budget flick about sharks in a tornado. It was on clearance, and you probably wouldn't watch it.

Arriving home exhausted, you collapsed onto your bed.

You would have, could have, should have, stayed there until you fell asleep– but your solitude was interrupted by the buzzing of your phone. You pulled it out of your pocket. A phone call from an unknown number illuminated on the screen.

Hesitantly, you picked up the phone.

"Hello?" You were vaguely aware of how unsure you sounded.

"Hey, Y/N! It's Everyism. The bossman wanted to call you himself, but he got pretty caught up."

"Oh, what's up?" You were secretly relieved by the familiarity. Things at work had been getting crazier by the day– though, you'd most likely been fired for your antics earlier today.

"Welll, there's a teaparty in a few days, and Amazook wants you to go with us! Only of course, if you've got a coolhead by then."

"Huh?" You said, confused. "Was I not fired?"

Everyism laughed at this hysterically: "unless you're looking to get fired, no. But Amazook is pretty serious about work, so expect a lecture."

You digested this information, then moved onto your next question: "So, about the teaparty..?"

"Right! It's just an opportunity for you to meet our ever occurring guest, and some new people. I guess Amazook just wants you to get friendly, being recently hired and all." He paused, and you assumed that was all he had to say about it, but he began again,

"I also hear your boyfriend is going to be there, isn't that exciting?."

You hoped you had misheard him, but what he'd said was clear as day.

"Can't say I have one. Who are we talking about?"

"You forget royalty so easily?" He laughed giddily again, and you couldn't help but feel uneasy. "I'll give you some notice closer to the event, and we'll pick you up. See you then!"

Everyism hung up the phone, though you'd hardly gotten a word in. Your coworkers were… Odd.

(Sorry again for this being short. Stuff is actually coming next chapter, I promise.)