Chapter 9 - Get Ready! Set!

Grocery Gang x Reader

Chapter 9

You and Amazook had finally arrived at the theatre where the '74j show' was held. This talkshow had a widely famous reputation in all genres. But you had never thought you'd be a guest on it.

You saw at least 40 or so rows of red velvet seating, all of which were facing a smaller stage in the front of the room. One you assumed was the centre of attention.

An average sized guy sat on an onstage couch, waving in you and Amazook's direction.

Average was an appropriate word for him. He wore a beige safari hat, and a regular blue shirt. Maybe you had overdressed.

"There he is," Amazook said to you quietly. "Remember what I said. He may be… Harsh." Without another word, he gave you a small shove toward the stage, and made his way to the exit.

You walked throughout the for-now empty theatre toward the stage. Unsure what to say as a greeting. But of course, the average looking guy beat you to it. "I must say, Y/N, you are not what I imagined you to be like." You still hadn't found out his name, but okay. You could only assume this was 74j.

"Really?" 

He ignored you completely and carried on:

"I'm 74j, and you're Y/N, obviously. I've heard so many things about you!" Looking at him, you couldn't figure anything out. He didn't look the part of a talkshow host, but he played it to an extent. "...and seen." He muttered under his breath. You almost didn't catch it.

"What are you talking about?"

He looked at you like you were crazy, and then began smiling cheerfully again. Except eerily enough, it didn't seem like he was happy at all. 

"I could ask you the same thing. Anyway, where was I? Oh, the show." 74j had not actually been on that subject earlier. "It starts soon."

The curtains drew close around the both of you. The only light source being the 'The Grocery Gang Show' sign behind you. 74j was making you slightly nervous, as he was staring through you.

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" You continued to try to figure out. It was to no avail though, as he again ignored your question. For someone whose career was to talk, he didn’t do a lot of talking back.

"Sit down."  He said flatly.

"Huh?"

"Sit." 

You took a seat on the couch, and he took a seat at the desk nearby. When the curtain began to draw back open, you realized you had made a mistake.

His intent was not good. It was public humiliation.

From what you could see, every seat in the theatre was completely packed. Some stood up in the back. A lot of them screamed and cheered excitedly, and you tried to save some face; even with the insight of what was going to occur.

"Settle down, settle down!" He attempted to calm the crowd. It worked, and in a few seconds, they were in their seats. All quiet with anticipation.

"Today we have a special guest," he gestured to you, "Y/N."

You waved hello to the crowd, who he quickly had to hush again.

"Y/N, do you mind if I ask you a few questions?" 74j asked you suddenly, turning his chair in your direction.

Although slightly on edge, you now knew what his intentions were. You could at least avoid being caught off guard. But you still weren't totally sure what this was about.

"Sure, hit me."

His smile turned underlyingly sinister, as if this is exactly what he wanted to hear. "Will do!"

(A/N: SORRY THIS IS TAKING SO LONG, AS WELL AS YHE CLIFFHANGER + THE SHORT CHAPTER, BUT I'M RUNNING OFF OF HALF OF A BUCEES BRISKET SANDWICH, A CHERRY COKE, A QUARTER OF WATERED DOWN SWEET TEA AND IM FALLIJG ASLEEP WHILE WRITING THIS. SO, YEAH, YOULL FIND OUT WHAT'S UP SOON AND TRUST ME, YALL AINT READY FOR THIS DRAMA LMFAO. SEEYOU !!!)