Chapter 6 - He's Not Even a Real King

Grocery Gang x Reader

Chapter 6

Royalty may or may not be an umbrella term: so you found out. Sometimes, you're not faced with what you expected in the slightest. This happened to be one of those occurrences.

The pre-afternoon started with you waking up from a nap. And obliged that you were seeing a king today, you pulled yourself out of bed and got into the shower. Moving on next to getting dressed in nice, or, formal wear.

An hour was all it took.

So instead, you decided to show up to work a little early. Being early never hurt anyone... Unless it's said and done in a true crime podcast.

-

You walked through the double-doors today expecting the typical chaos but to your surprise, everyone was extremely well-behaved. (And nicely dressed.)

Molotov and Everyism approached you first. You were going to say hello, but you didn't have much of an opportunity to speak.

"I'm going to warn you, Fiddlepat's in a stellar mood today." He sarcastically said to you.

"What's his problem?"

Molotov shrugged, encouraging Everyism to respond for him.

"From what I've heard, Fiddle and the king have some sort of harsh feelings toward each other. Nobody really knows why though."

You nodded to this, glad Moltov didn't seem to dislike you anymore. But maybe it was your fault to begin with. Either way, you were glad you had proved that you weren't that hateable.

"Yeah, okay. I'll behave myself...?"

Everyism grinned and continued, "I'm not too sure why Molotov is warning you anyway, he might make an allo-"

Moltov gave him a death-glare.

"I shouldn't have even told you. You know damn well I want those icecream sandwiches, Everyism." Molotov said angrily.

"But you know you're not going to get them anyways, you know he won't keep his promise. What's the harm in telling them what you told me?"

Now this seemed like a private conversation between them.

You considered going to go talk to someone else.

"Because if there's even a chance that I'll get more than one icecream sandwich a day, I'll take it."

"Come onnn." Everyism whined sadly.

"No."

Everyism was silent for a moment, before quickly changing the subject: "Has anyone told you that you look great dressed up?" He bluffed.

You heard a door creak open nearby, and a familiar voice followed.

"Maybe I should." Fiddle said, looking you up and down.

You saw Everyism whisper something to Moltov, who returned whatever he said with a punch in the shoulder. It made you want to know if you were missing something. You chose to take the compliment at face-value. You knew you looked good.

"I should say the same to you. It suits you." You returned the gesture. He had on a navy suit, embroidered in gold, as well as a white scarf. You seriously doubted anyone else could pull that off.

He seemingly brushed off what you said. Giving you a brief thanks. Fiddle stood in front of you now, and essentially took this time to talk about the coming events of today to you.

"As you know, today we are visiting Falsewormking,"

Actually, you didn't know. This was the only time you've heard his name since you found out about the visit.

"and obviously it's a... 'Pretty big deal.'"

The second part of that came off like it was rehearsed. You agreed anyway.

"Amazook has told me to tell you, as well as everyone else, that we all need to 'mind ourselves' today. Considering the king is an 'important guy'. And as he is a king, should be treated with 'great respect and admiration.'"

You couldn't hold your tongue anymore.

"Do you really think so or are you just telling me what you're supposed to tell me?"

"Between you and me," he lowered his voice, "he's not even a real king. I just have to pretend to be nice to him because I work here."

He looked like he had just realized what he said.

"Nevermind, don't tell anyone I said that."

-

The time did eventually come when you would find yourself standing in a place called, 'The Throne Room' (so Googel had told you) with the rest of the employees, as well as Amazook. 'The Throne Room' was quite literally that: A throne room.

A golden throne appeared proud on top of red carpeted stairs, and dark red tapestries hung from the beige walls. Besides that, there wasn't a lot to see.

You and the other employees made bored conversation while you awaited the so-said king for what felt like hours. Maybe even days, you weren't sure anymore.

Suddenly, a voice boomed from the chair.

"I've been waiting for quite a while now. Are you idiot's going to say anything to me or what? You're in the presence of a king."

You looked at the man in the chair, then at Fiddle, who's demeanor had changed completely. He looked as if he was counting the seconds until he could leave.

The man in the chair was obviously in just as great a mood as Fiddle, or so he appeared to be. He wore mostly red, and an also red hat that appeared as though he had horns. It was an interesting concept, standing before a horned king.

He cleared his throat besides all attention already being on him. "Anyways," he gestured at you "who's that?"

Amazook happily answered before anyone else.

"This is our new employee, Y/N! They're way new."

"Oh, really now?"