Chapter 11 - Doors

Grocery Gang x Reader

Chapter 11

The other employees bombarded you with questions when they saw you the next day. But you had your own questions for them.

"He said–" 

"Who?" Everyism cut you off, which you chose to disregard.

You continued, "74j said that me being on the show wasn't his idea… But what does that even mean?"

Everyism's jaw dropped, and Moltov looked slightly surprised.

Googel's servers had been messing up again, so he had been throwing a fit in the corner instead of engaging in the conversation.

"That means it's a scandal! Someone must have wanted you to receive negative attention to ruin your image!" Everyism exclaimed. Though, that was the obvious part.

Fiddle too stood with the other two workers. As usual, he had gotten the gist of what you were trying to get at:

"No, no. What they're trying to ask is who do we think did this."

Obviously, not what you said in the slightest. But at least he didn't make you speak further. You looked at all of them for an answer, if they could provide one.

"Well," Molotov began again. "It could be anyone. You are a new Amazook employee, after all." He shrugged it off.

"I won't worry about it for now." 

You knew it was a total lie. You'd probably be up all night thinking about it, and who would have such intentions for you. You'd say whatever it took to put the others at ease. Give them the piece of mind that you wouldn't be stressing over this.

Fiddlepat gave you a look of severe doubt. He was the mature one of this group, surprisingly. Though he seemed to have harsh feelings toward you for reasons you didn't know.

"He's probably lying to you for a reaction. You don't know, Y/N." Fiddle said seriously. This annoyed you. He could have been right, but it hadn't been the first time he completely brushed off something you'd said just to give his counter opinion.

"Will you just shut up and listen to me for once? I don't think he was lying." You snapped.

"But you don't know him like I know him."

"Maybe not, but I still don't think he lied. He didn't seem very interested in talking to me about False anyway. We both just wanted the show to be over with."

Fiddlepat raised his eyebrows at you judgingly. "Oh, so you and the king are on a first name basis now?"

You scowled. 

"What? That's what he told me to call him. It's really not like that at all."

"Yeah, okay. Then what is it like?" He pressed you for the answer he wanted to hear and not for the truth. 

Everyism and Molotov watched the two of you in silence, sometimes exchanging worried glances.

"I don't get why you're so concerned about this. It's not even your problem! It's mine!" You tried to remain calm. It bothered you that he never wanted to know or see your point of view. And sure, he shouldn't be inclined to care, but you wanted him to. Empathize, and possibly even understand why you felt the way you did.

"It's my problem too!" Fiddle responded in frustration.

"How." You asked shortly, to which he didn't say anything back. He was just bluffing. If it was a company problem, Amazook could have just fired you. "Whatever, this is going absolutely nowhere. I'm leaving."

You were positive everyone's eyes widened upon hearing that statement come out of your mouth. You grabbed your things, heading for the door.

"Wait– You can't just leave!" A panicked Everyism shouted after you. "You're still on the clock, you'll get fired!"

"That's a damn shame." You said, proceeding to walk out of the double doors. And like that, you were gone. The employees couldn't believe that you had just up and left.

(A/N: Sorry for my writing//publishing hiatus, but I am finally back from my trip!! And before you all get pissed with me in the comments ab this chapter, misunderstanding can sometimes lead to development. Seeyou.)