Chapter 15 - Albert

A few days ago, Everyism had given you a call. Today, at approximately 4:34am, he sent you a text message:

'Hey-hey, the time has come! I hope you like tea. Wear something formal, but casual. We'll see you at 10, Y/N.'

You questioned this usage of the word, 'we'll'. Who was he bringing along with him? Did he even know where your house was?

Late 9, you did as he requested and put on the 'formal-casual outfit'. Waiting, you sat down in your living room. The overall bleakness of your house was concerning, but it kept you content. Though, a change of scenery would be nice.

Interrupting your thoughts was a knock at the door.

"Coming!" You called, working your way over to the front of your house. Finally, you reached the door, and opened it. 

Standing in front of your door was Amazook… And Fiddlepat. You were sure your eyebrows raised a little at the sight of him. The both of you hadn't spoken since the argument. Sure, you went to work, you got through your shifts, and the promised lecture from Amazook– but you and Fiddle had avoided each other.

Fiddle wore a gray suit, and a pink bowtie, but kept his arms crossed, silently watching you.

"Hi," you greeted Amazook. Looking around, you didn't see any sign of your obnoxious yellow friend. "Where's Everyism?" You asked.

"He couldn’t make it," Amazook glanced over his shoulder at something, or someone behind him that you couldn’t see. "But, we have a guest who'd like to meet you."

Whoever it was did not move from behind them, so Amazook awkwardly shuffled to the side. Now in view, was a guy with auburn hair. He was taller than you, and appeared to be nervous.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Y/N." You extended your hand towards him, which he shook.

Suddenly, he warmed up. "Albert! I've heard alot about you."

Fiddle shot him an annoyed look, and you glared at him. Amazook cleared his throat suddenly,

"We should get going if we want to be there on time." He said somewhat officially. 

– 

It took you all a few minutes to get there, and during that time you made small talk with Albert. He was funny, and you found yourselves laughing most of the way there. His favorite animal was a flamingo, and he showed you the one on his shirt though you had already seen it.

The tea party was in the middle of a forest clearing. A long, white table seated several interesting characters who from a distance could only be seen as blurs.

You heard an unmistakable, booming voice coming from the table: "Oh! They've finally decided to grace us with their presence!"

You cringed. It was Falsewormking.