Chapter 18 - The Fence

You sigh heavily, assuming his comment was a cruel joke.

"Where are we going?" You ask Fiddle, who is still several paces ahead of you.

He keeps walking, not turning to look at you after your conversation– and the silence eats at you both again. You would go back to the tea party if you could, but you have no idea where you are. These woods look the same no matter how far you walk.

His hand twitches– then, his arm.

Your voice cuts through the thick silence: "..Fiddle?" 

He keeps walking.

"Fiddle." You say his name again.

"I have a headache." He replies suddenly. His head twitches.

Finally, you approach a fence– Fiddlepat still acting… strangely. Stranger than usual.

You realize with a turn of your head that there is no getting around this fence. This is the boundary. 

You're not the one to break the silence this time:

"..you know Amazook isn't all about packing boxes. Not about deliveries or customers– not anymore. Maybe it wasn't ever about that." Fiddle is next to you, but the look in his eyes says he's somewhere else entirely.

You frown in confusion, trying to understand what he's talking about. "..What?"

He doesn't hesitate to start talking again. "We're looking for something, Y/N. His name is—"

Your vision goes black.