Chapter 12 - Movies

You tried not to think about the argument, and how much trouble you'd be in for walking out during your shift. 

"What a dick." You thought aloud.

You didn't even notice you had walked into a nearby store. It wasn't too far from Amazook, just a few blocks down.

You didn't want to stress over you and Fiddlepat's spat. But you couldn’t help it. Who was he to tell you what to do? It wasn't like HE was the boss – And it wasn’t his problem, it was yours!

"Hey, do you need help with something?" 

A hand touched your shoulder lightly, and you turned around to face its owner: A blue-haired guy stood still in your gaze. His shades seemingly block most of his vision.

"Ah," you paused considerably. Watching as he withdrew his hand. "I'm fine. I've never been here before, that's all."

"I'm more sure you don't know where you are." He responded, laughing.

That was true. You finally looked around, seeing what appeared to be a movie store. 

"You're right, I have no idea." You laughed back in embarrassment. He was more than amused.

"Don't worry, it happens all the time. Some frustrated person ends up in a Brokebustors."

So this was Brokebustors. You had heard about it from Everyism, but had never ended up going; though you were invited several times.

"I'm not frustrated." You argued. 

"You're not fooling me. You've been talking to yourself since you got here. My coworker thought you were crazy." He made a hand motion near his head.

Your eyes wandered, immediately looking for his nametag. At least you'd know something about him:

'Broke" his tag read. 

"Well, Broke," you emphasized his name, making sure he heard it leave your lips. "I'm just fine."

He grinned, "I know."

Before you could respond– You heard a voice from behind the counter. Another guy stood alone, staring at Broke in sheer irritation. His messy red hair contrary to the green hoodie he wore. His hands fiddled awkwardly with a movie's packaging, to which he payed no attention.

"Broke, can you do me a favor?" He asked.

"Of-course I can, babe. What ever do you need?" Broke joked in response.

"I need you to get over here–" His voice transitioned from irritated, to borderline angry. "--And do your fucking job!" He threw the movie he was holding past Broke's head.

(a/n: sort of edited and rewrote this chapter cause i didnt like it. sorry ab all the dialouge)