Chapter 3 - The Fall, and the Catch

Grocery Gang x Reader

Chapter 3

"So," Fiddle began, clearing his throat "you'll be stacking these boxes on the shelves." At first, you were more than assured that it would be an easy task. How hard could it be? You finished your first few rows in about ten minutes. Easy enough. He watched you from afar, seemingly doing his own job.

"Make use of those shelves as well," he shouted over to you.
And then you craned your neck upwards for the first time...

"Shit." You swore under your breath.

You should have known. Of-course the shelves almost reach the ceiling. What else would they need a warehouse type building for? Not eye-to-eye shelves, that was for sure.
You turned around, your mouth open to say something but quickly noticed he was grinning to himself.

"You need a ladder, don't you?" He asked. You smirked back in embarrassment.

"You have a rolly one?"

-

So yes, he got the ladder for you. One with wheels, the type that rolls around on impact. Still just as embarrassed, you started to climb up it, one of your arms holding a heavy box. Reaching the top, you heaved it onto the shelf.

"This is so damn inconvenient." You huffed to yourself after shelving two more rows worth of boxes one at a time.

Fiddle laughed from the other side of the room.

"It's just something you'll have to get used to."

You sighed in response. "Is this why the pay is so-"

You lost your footing on the ladder, and you could have sworn your heart jumped out of your chest. You thought about how many steps it took to get up to this height to begin with; the way down, how far it was.

You braced yourself,

but you didn't hit the ground.

Fiddle had caught you in his arms. You stared up in surprise at him. He didn't make eye contact with you, but instead, staring up at where you fell from. "That could have been bad."

You began to open your mouth to say something, but he locked eyes with you. Fiddle's eyes widened a little, and he quickly put you down, allowing you to get back on your feet.

"I'm sorry," he rattled off anxiously. "You looked like you needed saving before you broke a bone... Or, something."

For the first time, you began to feel shy; wavering eye contact with him now.

"It's okay, really. Um," you hesitated, looking for words... And your previous confidence. "I'm glad, actually. I don't really have the patience for broken bones. Thank you for catching me."

A scoff from afar was heard.

Molotov leaned against the wall by the door, arms crossed.

"So this is where you two have been. Flirting and what-not."

Fiddlepat turned to him, rolling his eyes.

"I thought I told you I was training them today." He said in aggravation.

"Yeah, yeah. Well, Googel just clocked in."

You giggled in awe, "like the website? How many copyright claims does Amazook have?"

Molotov seemed to lose his hatred for you.

"A lot actually," he lowered his voice, now laughing with you. "But not that we can publicly acknowledge."

Fiddle walked past him, and through the door. Quite obviously annoyed. He walked back into the room a moment later with an ice cream sandwich, and threw it at Molotov.

"Get one while you still can because I'm going to eat them all."

Molotov shrieked in panic, rushing out of the room with Fiddle.

Guess training was over for now.