Chapter 7 - Starlit Sky

Grocery Gang x Reader

Chapter 7

The 'king' eyed you silently, before continuing on.

"Anyways!" His voice boomed throughout the room again. "I am having a party later, you all should come as my guests." 

For only a second, you saw Amazook show a rare expression: contempt. 

You watched the king, who you quickly learned to be ignorant, leave before a response. As though the attendance was expected, and he knew he wasn't going to hear otherwise.

On the other hand, you also watched the other employees practically beg Amazook to stay. Fiddle wasn't apart of that group though, he stood off to the side by himself.

Amazook had chosen to stay after all. A surprising, and unsurprising outcome. He'll do anything, really.

A few hours had passed though, and you couldn't deny that it truly was a party. People were everywhere, dancing, talking, drinking. The only difference was the formality of the event.

Eventually, you and the other employees had decided to sit down at one of the several tables. 

"Soo, Y/N, whaddaya think of the king?!" Everyism was somewhat drunk. Besides him, you had only seen the others have a drink or two. 

"Uuh, he's snotty." You were glad you yourself had been apart of the drink or two group.

"So you also think he's an asshole with a big ego?" Googel practically shouted. It wasn't easy to hear in here. Molotov shushed him:

"Keep your voice down! What'll we do if he hears us?" 

"He's right, we should keep our voices dowwnn! He'll cry if he hears us!" Everyism laughed. 

Fiddle long-sighed. "If you all hate him so much then why did you bother begging to stay for the party..?"

"Because it'ssa partyy! Much better than being at work."

That booming voice returned again, and hearing it out of nowhere made you jump.

"Y/N!" The king stood on the top of the nearby stairs. "Is there a chance I could show you something?"

You were again, confused. But chose to give him a moment of your time anyway.

"Sure."

He had taken you up several flights of stairs before even speaking to you. You were absolutely exhausted. He ended up taking you to the highest floors balcony.

The view was breathtakingly beautiful. You could see the stairs like you've never seen them before up here. It wasn't like looking up from the ground, it was like being with the stars. 

"The view, it's nice." You thought aloud.

"Always has been from here." The king responded.

"So," you tried to find an appropriate name to call him by, "your majesty… Is this what you wanted to show me?"

"You're allowed to refer to me as False." 

"False… Is this what you brought me here to see?"

"It is. Actually, I've never let anyone up here besides myself. I just thought that maybe you'd want to see the stars too. You seem that type of person." He smiled to himself.

"It's beautiful." You said softly.

"I had something I wanted to ask you aswell, if that's alright with you."

You felt him staring, so you turned to face him. Maybe he did have redeeming qualities.

"Sure." 

"Is there a possibility I might see you again?"

"If you'd like to."

He may seem ignorant in public, but maybe… Just maybe, there's more to him than that. False was undeniably just misunderstood.

You returned downstairs, but everyone else was already gone. That was besides… Your coworkers.

"Heyya, Y/N…" Everyism put his arm around you. "S' what happened up there?"

"He just wanted to ask me something. Are we leaving now?"

"Mhm… We're leaving." 

"Hey, hey, Everyism. Don't you fall asleep on me."

It was too late. Maybe he wasn’t asleep, but he sure wasn't awake either.