Chapter 13 - Consoled

Grocery Gang x Reader
Chapter 13

It took some convincing, but eventually, you found yourself sitting outside on the curb with the two strangers. Broke held conversation with you:

"Y'know, it's not everyday a total hottie walks into our store... If you don't mind me asking, what made you so frustrated, anyway?"

Neither of you were looking at each other- more or less off in the distance. Maybe he was somewhere else in his own mind. You watched the cars pass. Red, white, blue, black, white again.

"...My coworker." You began to say, but it dawned on you that you should, if anything, keep your answer as vague as possible. "He's making my problems about him. Angry because my problem is 'his problem too', whatever that means." You ranted.

You continued, "which I don't need to hear his self-absorbed bullshit right now, considering my own issue is out of my hands. Obviously, I'm not happy about my situation, but he's acting like I'm being ignorant or something." You sighed.

Finally, he looked over at you. (Atleast, you think so. He hasn't taken his shades off, so his body language is the only indication.) And he said something that surprised you:

"You should talk to him."

You immediately got frustrated, "what would I say to someone who doesn't want to listen? What would I say at all?"

"Tell him everything. What you just said, and what you can't say to me. It seems like, in this situation, things you might have an initially bad reaction to is just the thing to say. You can't hide yourself away forever. Tell him that you think he's ignorant, and stubborn for not understanding. Maybe there's something you don't know."

You took his words to heart, and began settling down. Micro, Broke's red haired coworker was there too. Watching, and listening only somewhat discreetly. Seemingly, he didn't want to butt into your conversation.

"Then I'll speak to him about it all tomorrow... If I'm not fired." You regretted just walking out of work like that. Saying you were angry, and frustrated and needed to clear your head wouldn't be enough in a corporate environment. You'd also try to smooth it over with Amazook tomorrow. You knew how serious he was about work.

"Atleast buy a movie before you leave, then. We consoled you for a good portion of our shift." Micro said, half joking. Broke jabbed him in the rib with his elbow, shaking his head condescendingly.

"I was kidding!" You heard Micro say to Broke.