Chapter 4 - Yellow

Grocery Gang x Reader

Chapter 4

The next day, however, you walked through the double-doors and into quite the scene.

"My servers!" A brightly attired guy screamed, throwing what was seemingly a tantrum.

"Shut up, Googel. Your servers are just fine, damnit!" Molotov yelled at him. Grabbing him by the shoulders and shaking him.

They didn't see you, but someone else did.

Another guy standing near them, somehow seeming to instigate Googel's meltdown. He noticed you as soon as you walked in.

"Hey, hey," he snapped his fingers at the other two employees, who were now brawling on the floor. "The new employee is here, behave yourselves."

Molotov didn't look up. "I've already met them," he said flatly, avoiding Googel's limbs flailing about.

So instead, the stranger strode over to you.

"You must be the Y/N I've heard so much about!" He exclaimed excitedly. Personally, it didn't feel like much of a compliment.

"And you must be..?" You smiled in half-hearted confusion.

The stranger smiled back at you, pushing up the shades on his face. 

"Everyism. Good to be meeting you finally." You two awkwardly shook hands. He had one hell of a grip.

Another thing you noticed about him was all the yellow he wore. "Let me guess your favorite color," you joked. "I'm sure it's not yellow."

Everyism laughed and shrugged. "That must have been a hard guess." 

Your sarcasm was returned.

You glanced over at the scene again. Molotov sat at a table near the 'real trees', eating an icecream sandwich. Which told you all you needed to know about what happened yesterday.

And Googel was… Weeping in the corner of the room.

Every few minutes, Molotov could be heard giving Googel a piece of his mind by shouting it at him across the room. Ofcourse, you didn't really hear it; Everyism had decided to engage you in conversation.

He bounced from one subject from another a little fast for you to process, but you managed to keep up. 

It didn't take you long to realise he liked to talk. A lot.

Some time had gone by. Googel and Molotov went off to wherever, and you decided to help Everyism write on the boxes. You discovered the handwriting on most of the boxes in the facility were Everyism's.

"I heard your phone wasn't working yesterday," you smirked at him, recalling Fiddle's lateness. 

He broke into laughter hearing the statement, you did too.

"I actually just didn't pick it up."

"No way?"

"I wish I was kidding."

He stuck another label onto a box before moving it aside and picking up the next one. "..And next thing I know, he's at my house."

There was silence for a while after that, besides the shuffling of boxes and squeaky markers.

A door unlocked behind you, and suddenly opened. Everyism looked up, and past you. You turned your head to see who it was.

It was just Fiddle.

"Y/N, the boss wants to speak with you." You two hadn’t even met yet, you almost forgot.

"Ooo," Everyism teased. You smiled nervously and rolled your eyes. Hastily, you put the cap on your marker and set it down on the box you were about to label.

"This way." Fiddle said, again, bored as he sounded when you both first met. You waved goodbye to Everyism on your way out of the room.

(A/N: Sorry for the short chapter, as well as the excessive dialouge... It might be worse next chapter, but I promise I'll let up on it.)