Betray Or Follow Your Heart

Vijay’s Pov

What I heard inside nivi’s room made me shocked. I and Divya came to give juice for her which was sent by mom. But what I heard is beyond my imagination. I saw Divya who is equally shocked as I am. Rekha is going to be Rajiv’s wife in two weeks and she is hurting my family. yes, Nivi is my family. How dare she hurt her.

I want to compose myself before facing the situation so I gave the juice to Divya to give Nivi and left from there. We are in critical situation as already Rekha has been announced as Rajiv’s Fiance plus all the wedding preparations have started. I don’t know how mom will take this. But im sure Rekha is not good for my family. She is an evil.

Now I need to plan to whom to approach. First I need to confront Nivi.. with that thought I went inside Nivi’s room where Divya is sitting and talking with her. From their facial expression I can see Divya already shared the news. Now its easy for me.

So, I came straight to the point. So Nivi you are going to say what an evil Rekha is to everyone.  She was shocked to my demand and said no Vijay its not good at this stage. Both the family reputation will get damaged. I shrugged and said its better than getting that evil inside our family. She will surely separate us.

“no Vijay, she is just possessive of Rajiv, as he was friendly with me she misunderstood everything and reacted like this. So leave this issue. I know how to handle it”she said.

I gave her unbelievable expression and asked her how you are going to manage madam.

See, her problem is only when I talk with Rajiv so I am going to keep my distance from him. It will be good for all.  So the marriage happen peacefully and everything will be back to normal, she said.

No, I don’t want her in our family. I will surely share this with Rajiv and mom . let them decide what they have to do further.

Nivi said, “please Vijay, don’t do that aunty will be very upset and it will affect her health condition. If u say Rajiv, seeing his reaction Rekha will confirm that there is something between us. So please don’t do that. It’s a promise over me”

I shook my head and going to argue. But she took my hand above her head to promise not to reveal anything. You are also new groom Vijay.. enjoy your wedding. Everything will be alright. Leave it to me she said.

I got really angry on my state as I couldn’t do anything and left from there .

Rajiv’s Pov

next day nivi got discharged and we travelled back to our place. I took nivi her mom and sister with me to drop them home as uncle got an emergency in office. Throughout the journey nivi avoided looking at my eyes. I feel she is avoiding me. Whenever I ask something her answer is always remained one word. Now what happen to her. Yesterday only she was normal to me.

May be mood swing because of injury and stay at hospital. I shrugged the thought and plan to leave for few days as Dr said it will take her ankle pain will take 5 to 6 days and hand fracture will take a week atleast.

After dropping them home. I came to my home to get some rest as it was a roller coaster day for me yesterday. First getting friendly with Nivi, I recalled all the happy moments I shared with her in the journey. Next came to my mind is her unconscious state when I took her to hospital. I don’t want to see her in that state ever again.

When I reached home mom came and enquired about Nivi. Later she asked me to take rest. As tomorrow we need to go to temple to keep the invitation. She showed me the invitation which got delivered today morning. After seeing the invitation I wanted to shout , no I don’t need this marriage but I don’t know what reason will give her. So silently I went to my room to take shower and some rest.
in the evening when I came down, mom and vijay was sitting in the living room. Mom was talking with someone in the phone. From her talking I can say she is talking with nivi. So I sat near her to know nivi’s condition now. She hung up the call with a smiling face.

She said ‘now she is better but  you know what vijay still in this condition she is following the event organiser in video call to get the work done. I said her to take rest we will maange, for that she is saying am I not your family aunty. I am happy in doing this. So don’t worry I am just doing things done sitting in the same place. Such a sweet girl. How I wish she was one of my dil. I thought to make pair her with Vijay but he said she is a good friend and he also is in love with Divya. If I would have known before I would have fixed her for Rajiv before compelling him to marry Rekha.’

Now that line get fixed in my mind and heart mom also thought wrong of Nivi and Vijay’s friendship same like me. So only I too agreed to marry Rekha for mom’s happiness. Now where I am stuck.

Mom said even Rekha is also a good girl. She said to me she was in love with you since school days even though I didn’t spare her a glance. For this vijay’s expression changed. So what happen to him.. ya I know Rekha had her few share of Boyfriends right from school days. So whatever she said mom is lie. But as I said before , whatever she was before doesn’t matter to me. What she is going to bewith me and family is what matters. I couldn’t find anything bad in her now. So I was ok with the marriage. But now I know I feel this special only with Nivi not with Rekha. What I will do now. To go ahead with this marriage and betray my heart or follow what my heart says. I have very less time to decide. So its better to decide it soon.