Reality Hurts

Nivi’s Pov

We all started from the mall after the embarrassing situation created by us..

Still this idiot couldn’t stop his laughter. Anyways he controlled and said.. “ don’t worry Nivi, if it was another girl I would have been panicked and rejected, as it is you how about we can consider this alliance” which yearned a glare from me and a hit from Divya.

Seriously when he is going to take anything serious. Everything is fun for u I said him and marched out of the café we were in discussing the issue.

He came running behind me, and said hey sorry Nivi, just for fun.. I glared and said “ everything is fun for u rite, u know very well I don’t want to give any false impression of this to elders and regarding marriage u know very well, I’m not interested to marry for atleast next 5 years, I literally got panic attack after hearing aunty, here u r laughing at my expense” I said whatever that came to my mind.

Vijay sensing my seriousness gave me a friendly hug and said “I know Nivi, don’t worry I will say to my parents and yours too. As even I’m planning to ask for Divya’s hand as her parents started to search for a good match. So we already discussed today to open our matter in our house.”

I sighed in relief and said my wishes to both of them. So I left the love birds and went to my friends house.

Evening, when I reached home mom called me for a talk, “ sorry dear for the misunderstanding, jus now Kavi’s mother in law called, she said Vijay is in love with some other girl and said that he feels like u r more like a sister to him that he never had. So she apologized as u would have got hurt because of them, I said no problem still I feel I didn’t understand my daughter, I feel very bad dear, sorry “

“mom what are u talking, don’t say sorry, leave it, I forgot it and one more thing I’ll marry only to whom you and papa decide that too after I settle in my career”

She jus blinked her eyes as yes. I was about to go before that she said Kavi also called and even though she is happy for Vijay still she wished u to be a part of their family. U know even we wished. But its ok. I jus shook my head and went to my room.

Today lot of things happened, I jus want to clear my head, so took a long relaxing bath and settled in bed for  a nap….

RAJIV’S POV

I was returning from office, I couldn’t concentrate on anything nowadays, one side my marriage talks and other side Vijay and Nivi’s marriage..

Everything is revolving around my mind.

So I left office soon and when I was waiting in the signal I caught a sight which again crushed my heart, there Vijay and Nivi was hugging outside a café. Why won’t they after all their marriage talks is going even though they didn’t shared their love story, my mom found so it is love come arranged marriage for them which makes them more happy.. Anyways I shouldn’t be jealous of my own brother. Atleast he should be happy with his marriage.

With no mood to go home, I turned my car towards a pub owned by one of my friend Aadhi.
On reaching the pub I called him, he was surprised of my visit, so immediately joined me in the bar. We had drinks and I shared everything that going on my life. He said why don’t u tell ur mom that u r not interested in this marriage when my mom is stable. I said him already I’m in that idea only.

He also said I should not disturb Nivi and Vijay, as I’m a third wheel in their love. Though it hurts like hell, but thats the reality. I jus nodded and left the pub.

Already its midnight, so I silently went to the room  and slept.
Next day, when I woke up its 11Am., I got fresh and went down. Their my mom and dad was getting ready to go out.

When she saw me, smiled and said “ finally u woke up, I called u many times but it seems, u came very late and was sound sleep.. So I didn’t disturb u.. Rajiv talk to Rekha, she was waiting for ur call yesterday fully as u didn’t call her she was disappointed”
I asked mom, “ oh so she complained u”

Mom immediately said “ no Rajiv, sweet girl she didn’t said me anything, Infact she asked about my health, but her voice was very dull, so I asked her mom, she said the matter”

I just rolled my eyes and said such a dramatic family ofcourse not loud for them to hear.

So I jus sat in dining table to have my breakfast, maid was serving.

Mom came and said we are going out and will come after lunch only.
I said no problem I’m going office after having food. By the way for whom the gift u r having in ur hand.
She said oh we are meeting vijay’s lover family, my another future daughter in law and her family..
I was like why they are meeting Nivi’s family like they are meeting for first time. Before clearing my doubt my mom left saying bye.

Now I lost my appetite so I just left to office without food.

Evening when I came back from office, I was welcomed by a very excited mom. She fed sweets but didn’t say anything. Already I have severe headache as I didn’t had anything since morning.

So I just smiled at mom and about to climb stairs, mom said the most worst news which is a very happy news for her.. That is girl’s family accepted to keep vijay’s marriage also along with my marriage after 2 months, this made me froze on my feet.

After few minutes when my mom touched my shoulder brought me back to reality.. So I’m going to see Nivi and Vijay’s marriage soon..
I jus said great and left home for a long drive or may be drinks wil again calm my nerves!!