Engagement

Nivi’s POV

Today is Kavi’s both brother in law engagement.. I went out with Vijay for his shopping along with Divya. We shopped even for Rajiv as he is out of town.

Vijay said Rajiv didn’t know about the engagement, as he is out of town and not responding to their phone calls.. Seriously what is going on with this guy always not caring about his family feelings.. Anyways who I am to say this.

We shopped for all and return home. Had early dinner and went back to my room. Was very tired once my head hit the pillow I slept.

Next day, evening came soon and I got ready in a green Silk saree and choker necklace. Did my hair in a messy bun and I am good to go.

When I came down my mom and dad was seeing me like they are seeing me for the first time

When I came down my mom and dad was seeing me like they are seeing me for the first time. I can see admiration in their eyes.

When I went near them my dad hugged me and said ‘ u r grown up and its time to see alliance for u.. Who knows today in engagement party we may fined our second son in law.’

I whined and said ‘no dad I have many dreams regarding my career and moreover I need to finish my college first. So no talk about marriage as of now.’

My mom hugged me and said ‘u know Nivi  Kavi always wished u also come to her house only but I said don’t think about it as we don’t know what the future holds. See today both her brother in law getting engaged’
She put a black dot behind my ear, I smiled and asked can we start.

Both agreed and I’m excited to reach their soon for two reasons one is varun darling and next is Vijay.. Omg that brat is going to get engaged.. I want to tease the hell out of him.

As Divya is a single child, I want to play the role of her sister and tease Vijay a lot. Another engagement I don’t have much interest as both bride and groom I’m not fond of.

Rekha whenever I meet in Kavi’s House things won’t go well between us. Rajiv our first meetings after years become a night mare. So it’s better to be with Vijay and Divya..

We reached the venue, mom and dad went inside. I got a call so I went little later. Aunty and uncle welcomed us and after few minutes I excused and went to Vijay’s room.

Through the time I came inside the house till now I feel so conscious like someone is watching my every move.  I just shrugged my thoughts and went inside the room after knocking.

Rajiv’s Pov

The moment I came to know about my engagement I feel uneasy and restless.

I don’t the reason was my engagement or vijay’s.. Still my mom came in the morning, gave me the engagement dress and asked me to get ready.

I’m in no mood to get ready still not to disappoint her I nodded and went inside washroom to Bath.

Engagement is in evening.. Whole house is decorated and full of relatives.

My mom is so happy as she is going to announce her to be daughter in law for her 2 sons..

I went down for breakfast, Kavi anni was serving and she smiled mischievously and asked ‘ Rajiv ur eyes are so red, we’re u talking or thinking about Rekha the whole night’

I jus shook my head and thought if she know about my thoughts about the girl in my mind she won’t even smile at me..

After breakfast mom asked whether I like the color of the dress and whether it is fit. Then only I remember I didn’t even try. Not to disappoint her I said everything perfect mom.

She was happy. I was looking at Vijay, he was in mobile full time and not even concentrating on food. At least let him be happy.

I said I have to make few calls and came to room.

Evening came in a blur. I got Ready after Calls from sanjay and mom. I was standing in the terrace when I saw Nivi with her family and was mesmerized by her beauty in saree.. Green silk saree was complimenting her. I couldn’t take my eyes off her.. I know it is wrong..

After few minutes she went to Vijay’s room. Can’t even seperated from him for few minutes.. I got really angry and punched the wall nearby. I know it is meaningless anger.

Still I couldn’t be calm..

I got ready in my suit which my mom selected.

After few minutes Rekha came inside room and was flaunting her saree asking my opinion

After few minutes Rekha came inside room and was flaunting her saree asking my opinion. I cared less and said its good.

She said ‘ what Rajiv we are going to be engaged in an hour but u r not even looking at me properly’
I said’ nothing like that Rekha, it’s not good if anyone see us together’ so it’s better if we meet in engagement stage.

She chuckled and said ‘ oh no Rajiv don’t be a spoilsport, at least u can ask me a kiss before engagement ‘

I thought how shameless she is.
Reading my mind she said ‘ don’t think I’m shameless, this is my first kiss with my fiance, I want it to be beautiful ‘

Haa.. I have seen her kissing a guy in pub when we are in 12th grade.. Any ways all in past because even I have kissed few. So I shouldn’t mock her.
I said I’m not in mood now, I need to assist down and went out of my room.

I can hear she cursed something inaudible.. But I cared less.

Soon the time for engagement came. Stage was set for 2 couples. I can see Vijay was standing other side and I didn’t dared to look on Bride as I already got a glimpse of green saree their. So I didn’t dare to see her face which will be bubbling with happiness.

I jus exchanged ring with no emotion from my side. But I can see Rekha was on cloud nine. I rolled my eyes and diverted my attention to my mom.. I can see her happy tears. So I too smiled for her. After that we got blessings from both elders and when I was busy on phone, Vijay came and hugged me tightly and said bro I’m too happy now..

See I didn’t introduce my fiancé to you and introduced me to a new girl who is having garland and holding Vijay’s hand.

Vijay introduced her as ‘Divya’.
I saw Nivi standing beside Divya.

I couldn’t react and was frozen.

***********