s1 e8

The following week at school, they're taking practice tests, Torrence is sat at a table to herself since Eli didn't show up. He skipped stating, quote, 'only nerds show up for that shit.' She drops her pencil to the table, she hasn't filled out a single answer. She'd show up but she wasn't gonna take the test. The bell rings and she stands, grabbing her bag and walking out. She goes to Miguel's class where he's taking his test only to walk up as Sam kisses him. Demetri notices Torrence and quickly grabs her arm. "We'll meet you." He tells them, pulling Torrence with him.

"Alexopoulos, let me the fuck go." She snaps at him. "No, not until you tell me why you've been ignoring me." He says, stopping and turning to face her. "You told my mom I was self harming. I'm fucking pissed at you, man." She glares up at him. "I didn't mean to! It just slipped!" He says quickly. "How does something like that just slip?" She asks loudly, getting angrier by the second. "I'm sorry! She asked how you were handling things and Eli was there too and he said you were handling things just fine and I thought she couldn't hear me, and I asked how cutting yourself was handling things just fine."

He rambles, obviously feeling guilty. She sighs, holding her head in her hands. "You fucked up. Big time, Alexopoulos. I can't even tell you the extra precautions my mom is taking to make sure it's not happening again." She says, looking up at him. "I'm sorry, like, genuinely. I didn't mean to let it slip and I would never purposely make it to where you have to deal with everything she's making you deal with." He rambles again. "I'll believe you but only because you only ramble when you feel guilty." She states, opening her arms. "Come here." He steps forward, wrapping his arms around her.

She sighs, pulling back. "You've got one last chance. Fuck up again and you're out." She promises as the bell rings. She kisses his cheek, patting his head before walking away. After school, at the park, Demetri, Miguel, and Aisha sit on the bench. Hawk spars with a smaller student named Bert, and Torrence scrolls through Instagram on her phone on the ground. "Come on, eat something. It'll make you feel better." Demetri tries again to get Miguel to eat something. "I told you I'm not hungry, man." Miguel answers. "I still think you're overreacting." Demetri states. "I'm not overreacting, dude." Miguel snaps at him.

"I know what I saw." He continues. "All right, so you saw her eating dinner with some chode." Eli says, kicking Bert in the face. Torrence quickly stands, helping Bert off the ground. "You good, kiddo?" She asks, holding his face carefully. "I'm good." He says with a smile. "It was probably her brother or something." Eli continues. "No, dude. Brothers don't look at their sisters like that." Miguel protests. "Depends what part of the country you're in." Demetri butts in. "Gross, dude." Torrence laughs. "Look, I just don't want what happened to Sensei to happen to me." Miguel says.

"All right, so you go over to this kid and beat his ass so he doesn't have the chance." Eli says. Torrence laughs again. "Don't listen to Eli." Demetri says. "It's Hawk." Eli snaps with a glare. "Torrence doesn't call you Hawk." Demetri objects. "She's different." Eli states quickly. "Yeah, I'm different." Torrence says, sitting on the ground again. "The fact is, Sam's given you no reason not to trust her." Demetri changes the subject. "Yeah, I guess you're right." Miguel says. "Oh! That little bitch." Aisha shouts. Torrence quickly sits up off the ground. "What happened?" "You know that video I posted of me breaking that board?"

"Yeah. It was badass." Torrence says. "Look what Yasmine commented." Aisha shoves the phone into Torrence's hand. 'Impressive... can't believe the belt made it around your waist.' "Oh shit." Miguel says. "I gotta do something." Aisha says. "How 'bout we kidnap her and have my boy Rico tattoo 'bitch' on her face." Eli says with a smirk. "Calm down, Hawk." Demetri mocks Eli's new nickname. "All right, I hear how you're saying it, and I don't like it." Eli glares at the black-haired boy. "Wait, wait, wait. I've got a better idea. Look." Aisha butts in, showing everyone her phone.