⭐⭐|¦_The Death Of Percy_¦|⭐⭐

Today was a sad for me. I had to be ready for Percy's shroud burning, the last tribute to his death.

Annabeth was dealing with it a lot worse than me. After all, she did like Percy a lot.

For me, it was first time I would be attending a shroud burning. Annabeth had convinced her cabin mates to embroider a sea green cloth, which reflected hues of blue, with a black trident in the center. Owls were also put in the four corners of the cloth.

"Percy Jackson was the child of Poseidon. He accompanied Annabeth Chase, the quest leader for searching Daedalus in the Labyrinth. He singlehandedly stopped the telkhines by creating a massive earthquake. However he has not returned to us, and therefore we assume he is dead," Chiron said, stepping forward first. There was a grim silence in hearing that. "After so long a silence, it is unlikely our prayers will be answered. I have asked his best surviving friend to do the final honors."

Annabeth took the long
green silk burial cloth, and set it on the flames. Annabeth turned to face the audience. She looked terrible. Her eyes were puffy from crying, but she managed to say, "He was probably the bravest friend I've ever had. He..."

She abruptly stopped and looked at someone in the crowd. "But he's right there!" Everyone gasped, including me.

"Percy!" I shouted. I couldn't believe he was alive. Beckendorf grinned, and Clarrise rolled her eyes.

Chiron cantered over and everyone made way for him. "Well," he sighed with obvious relief. "I don't believe I've ever been happier to see a camper return. But you must tell me-"

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" Annabeth interrupted, shoving aside the other campers. She came forward, and I thought she was going to punch him to death (I was secretly hoping for that), but she instead hugged him. It must've surprised Percy, because he hesitated for a second.

Annabeth seemed to realize she was making a scene and pushed him away. "I-we thought you
were dead, Seaweed Brain!" "I'm sorry," Percy said lamely. "I got lost."

"LOST?" she shrieked. "Two weeks,
Percy? Where in the world-" Annabeth was cut off.

"Annabeth," Chiron interrupted. Seeing this as a good opportunity, I started "Percy, what were you even thinking!? You have to-"

"Ben, you too," Chiron berated me. "Perhaps we should discuss this
somewhere more private, shall we? The rest of you, back to your normal activities!" Everyone went to their business without protest. Without waiting for us to protest, he picked up Annabeth and Percy as easily as if they were kittens, slung them both on his back. He looked at me apologetically "Ah, sorry Ben, you're much too big for me."

I just grinned at him. I didn't want to lose a chance to ride a centuar. So I dialled my watch and burst in a green flash. "Grey matter!"

Sighing exasperatedly, he picked me up

Sighing exasperatedly, he picked me up. I cackled in glee "Wheee!!!"

***