⭐⭐⭐|¦_Taking A Step Back_¦|⭐⭐⭐

There was an eerie silence after what Azmuth said. I looked at his face and determined that he was not joking.

I took a deep breath "For what? What did I do wrong to you now?"

Azmuth looked at me and answered, anger visible in the voice "You have violated the use of Omnitrix again. I warned you not to use Omnitrix against the unknown, but you didn't listen. I gave you a leeway here because I thought you would handle it. But now, you have gone and destroyed one of the most important features of Omnitrix!"

His rant had turned into a shouting. He was breathing heavily. I tried convincing him "Look, I know it was my fault, but how would I know fighting like that would destroy Bio-Link? And it didn't do any harm to anyone or Omnitrix."

Azmuth glared at me and replied "You really do not know the consequences."

I huffed "How would I know? You never even told me!"

Azmuth continued as if I hadn't talked "I told you Bio-Link was dangerous. I told you it would connect the Aliens and you more. What I didn't tell you that if the bond was broken, all the aliens you contain in the Omnitrix now will turn on a rampage!"

"What!?" I said in shock, losing my balance with my hand and falling onto the bed. "What... WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?"

Azmuth sighed, looking much more older now "The Aliens you have in Omnitrix are merely empty shells for you to control. But Aliens in Primus universe, some of them will feel the side effects and will slowly turn berserk. This was not an outcome I had predicted while making this feature. I had experimented with a very rare substance, which I am not willing to reveal to anyone, and it is connected to every being's psyche in the universe. Yes, some of them will not be so affected as others, but the rest will turn into mindless zombies. And I had kept it in lock. Until you broke it."

There was a silence. Then I said slowly "Everyone? Does it affect everyone?"

"No," Azmuth replied "But many Aliens are weak minded and will fall prey to the side effects." He then glared at me "Since your default form was- is a human, they are not going to be affected."

I put my other hand on the watch "But I'm not giving it up. I still have to defend."

Azmuth glared at me again "It is not a choice. Hand it over to me now, or face the consequences."

I sighed "Look, not my fault. Why did you even create the feature if it was really this dangerous?"

Azmuth growled "I do not answer to you Tennyson. Now hand over the watch!"

He was leaning towards my Omnitrix when suddenly a hand stopped him. "Paradox." Azmuth said.

I looked up, and sure enough, Paradox was stopping Azmuth. Paradox smiled and winked at me "I think we had an understanding why Ben needs the Omnitrix."

"No!" Azmuth shouted. "I will not allow it! Omnitrix is my creation, and I was already very lenient lending it to him. Even if the universe is doomed, I do not care!"

Paradox's face turned sterner "A⨅ᒲ⚍ℸ ̣ ⍑, ||𝙹⚍ ꖌリ𝙹∴ ʖᒷℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ᒷ∷ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑリ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑℸ ̣. Y𝙹⚍ ᔑꖎᓭ𝙹 ꖌリ𝙹∴ 𝙹⚍∷ !¡𝙹∴ᒷ∷, ᔑリ↸ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ uリ╎⍊ᒷ∷ᓭᒷ ⍑ᔑᓭ ↸╎ᓵℸ ̣ ᔑℸ ̣ ᒷ↸ bᒷリ tᒷリリ||ᓭ𝙹リ ∷╎ᓭᒷᓭ ᔑᓭ hᒷ∷𝙹 ꖎᒷᓭℸ ̣ dᒷᓭℸ ̣ ∷⚍ᓵℸ ̣ ╎𝙹リ ᔑリ↸ d𝙹𝙹ᒲ ⎓ᔑꖎꖎ 𝙹リ ⚍ᓭ." [Azmuth, you know better than that. You also know our power, and the Universe has dictated Ben Tennyson rises as Hero lest Destruction and Doom fall on us.]