Why Hide A Feeling, Buried In Sand

Song on the side: Stand Up And Run, Billy Talent

"Elizabeth!" My mother calls me from down the hall. "What is it, mom?" I ask her.

I live with my best friend, Kaitlyn, but my parents are currently visiting. I usually enjoy having them over, but today danisnotonfire uploaded a new video, and my mom insists on being together for the whole day. Except to go to the washroom.

"We're leaving now!" My mom called, as I started to wash my hands. "Okay! Be there in a sec!" I replied.

I grabbed the towel and wiped off my hands, before leaving. "Bye mom! I love you!" I said, giving mom a hug. "Oh, goodbye, Lizzy!" She started to cry.

"Oh, honey. Don't cry! You'll embarrass her!" My dad said from behind my mom. Kaitlyn laughed, just coming into the room. "Bye, Helena! Bye, John!" She said, giving my parents a hug.

Kaitlyn was practically my sister, but that didn't mean that my parents would let me call them by their first names.

I hugged my dad, secretly wishing they would just leave already, and they walked out the door.

"We'll see you soon, Lizzy!" Mom said, happily. I hated that nickname. "Bye, Mom." I sighed, closing the door. Kaitlyn laughed. "What's so funny?" I asked her.

"You're not going as crazy as you usually do." She told me. My eyebrow shot up. "What are you on about, Miss. Green?" I asked her. "Well, Miss. Garmen, I'm talking about, drum roll please... DANISNOTONFIRE'S NEW VIDEO!!!! I've been waiting for your parents to leave so we could watch it together!" Kaitlyn yelled, excited.

"YES!!!!! TO MY BEDROOM!! LET'S GO, PEASANTS!" I yelled. Kaitlyn laughed, as we ran up the stairs.

~2 Hours Later~

"Kaitlyn!" I whined. "Let's go to Starbucks!!! I need caffeine!!!"

"Okay, grab your stuff." She said, sighing. "YAY! You're the best!" I yelled, giving her a hug. I picked up my Black John Varvato boots from the front door, then I grabbed my Danier Leather Jacket from the back of the door.

"READY!" I yelled to Kaitlyn, who was in her room putting on her stuff.

Then I realized, I FORGOT MY MAKEUP. "NEVER MIND!" I yelled again and ran to my room. I took off my coat and set it on my bed. I walked over to the mirror on my wall and picked up my mascara brush.

I put on the mascara and picked up my black eyeliner. It made my blue eyes pop.

My hair, if I do say so myself, looked great. It was electric blue and cut in a scene look. I thought I looked good.

I picked up my Forever 21 black purse and put my keys, wallet, and iPod, and put them into it.

I wasn't goth or emo, I was just... I don't know... different?

I lived in London, just like Dan Howell, and lived my days dressing to impress for in case I actually bumped into him, or say, Pj, Phil, Chris, Bing, Tom, Matt, Jack, Dean, Finn, other Jack, Sam... ANYONE!!!

I picked up my jacket and put it on again and gave myself a quick once over in my mirror.

"How do I look?" I asked Kaitlyn as I walked out of my room. She lifted her finger. "TSSSS!" She hissed as she put it on her arm. We both laughed, and headed to the door.

"How do I look?" Kaitlyn asked me. Kaitlyn is a girly-girl, but she pulled it off nicely. She had strawberry blond hair with pink dip-dyed tips. She was wearing a pink Cocktail dress with a black ribbon wrapped around the middle. She looked good.

I did the same as her, holding the 'TSSS.' for slightly longer. We both laughed, and left our flat. I put the key in the lock, and turned.

"Did you bring your iPod?" Kaitlyn asked me, as we got into her car. I held it up. "Nice." She said, approving. She switched the radio station to the one for the iPod dock and I plugged it in.

"ARE YOU GONNA BE, ARE YOU GONNA BE THERE FOR?" We screamed on our way to Starbucks. The volume was blasted to 50 and we sang You Me At Six songs the whole way there, laughing so hard Kaitlyn had to pull over once to get it all out of her system.

I paused the song and opened my door. "FINALLY! WE CAN DRINK THE DRINK OF GODS!" I yelled before walking in. Kaitlyn and I were talking about pointless things, when I saw 2 people sitting by one of the windows, laughing about who knows what.

I poked Kaitlyn in the side. "What?" She hissed under her breath. I pointed a tiny bit towards the two and she completely flipped out, running to their table to ask for their autograph.

"Yeah, sure!" One of my many idols, Phil Lester, said back to my crazy best friend. "Sorry." I apologised to Dan who sat there looking surprised.

"She usually has decaf."

Dan laughed, and I felt good about myself. I made Dan laugh. THE Dan Howell. Laugh.

I smiled. "Not to fangirl or anything, but could I have your autograph?" I asked him. I hated how stupid I sound.

"Yeah, sure!" Dan smiled at me, and I handed him my phone case. It was my trusty, "I'm Gonna Do An Internet!" Case from the asdfmovies. It was awesome.

He laughed at my case before pulling out a sharpie. "Always come prepared, right?" i asked him. He laughed again, and I smiled. "Yeah, pretty much." He replied. He made a quick movement with his hand before handing me my phone back.

"I will never clean this case again." I told him, sarcastically. He laughed once again. Even though I was being completely serious. Unless you get it dirty, why would you clean a phone case?

"Here, give me that again." He said to me. "Umm... Okay?" I handed him my phone again, and I saw him go into my contacts list. No. Fricken. Way.

"Here." He handed my phone again. I looked at it, and his contact name was, "OMG! IT'S DAN'S NUMBER!

"Text me, and I'll put your name in my phone. What's your name, anyways?" He asked.

"Elizabeth Garmen." I told him. I took my phone and sent him a text. It said, "HEY DAN!!!! I'M TEXTING YOU!!!!! OMG PHIL'S SHIRT LOOKS SUPER POSH, LOL." Dan laughed as he read my text and put my name in his phone.

"Well, we have to get going, but we'll text you later!" I told Dan, standing up. "Oh, wait, Kaitlyn! I have to get your number!" Phil said, grabbing Katlyn's phone. They exchanged numbers and I hugged Dan.

"Bye! I'll text you later!" I told him as we left. "Bye!" Dan and Phil said at the same time behind us.

As soon as we were outside we both squealed like 16 year olds.