The Only Proof That I Need Is You

Song on the side: Paramore, Proof

As I waited for Pj to come over, I decided to make a pot of tea for the two of us.

Once that was finished, I came out into the living room to find Kaitlyn sitting on the couch. "What are you doing?" I asked her. "I'm trying to make sure you don't screw this up," She told me. "You two were a really cute couple."

I knew this, which is why I was so worried about out relationship falling apart over something so stupid. "I'm worried, Kaitlyn." I told her. "What if he doesn't believe me?"

***

Pj's POV

I was about to knock on Elizabeth's door, when I heard them talking. "I'm trying to make sure you don't screw this up, you two were a really cute couple." I heard Kaitlyn say.

"I'm worried, Kaitlyn. What if he doesn't believe me?" Elizabeth said. "I don't know, just hope for the best. If he doesn't believe that you didn't do anything, then I don't think he's worth your time."

I knew that Elizabeth wouldn't agree with this, I could tell, but she didn't say anything. I knocked on the door.

"Coming!" Elizabeth called, heading to the door.

As Elizabeth opened the door, she smiled at me. "Come in." She said, stepping out of the way. I walked in and took off my shoes and coat, before sitting on the couch beside Kaitlyn.

"I have to go out for a bit. See you guys!" Kaitlyn said, hugging me then Elizabeth before leaving.

"Elizabeth-" She cringed. I never call her by her full name. "Yeah?" She asks.

I sigh. "I think we should break up."